Is there really a difference if I wash my hair with the bar soap?

I’ve frequently used bar soap when I run out of Suave $1.00 / bottle shampoo.

No problems. It actually makes my hair look better, unless I use it more than two or three days in a row.

You know how if you switch shampoo brands and it works really great for a while, because it removes build up. It’s like that. I have to rinse a bit longer. I rinse until my hair squeeks when I run it between my fingers. The really cool thing is, I rub the soap in my hands, and then to my head. The lather is always much thicker than with regular shampoo.

By the way, has anyone ever noticed how funny shampoo commercials are when they show a really foamy head of hair? I’ve looked at myself in the mirror with a head full of shampoo, and it doesn’t look like that at all.

E3

My ex who had problems with soaps, shampoos, and detergents, used Zest original exclusively. I never really noticed that it was worse for it. He said he used that peticular soap because it rinced of better than others.

Yes, I have used bar soap and it usually turn outs dry and stringy.

Maybe the difference is, as my ex claimed that bar soaps, being solid do not normaly rince as well. The cheeper the soap, I imagine lacking the chemical nesisary for a good rince.

I did it once, never again! It made my hair all icky.

However, I do use solid shampoo bars, which are fantasic, and work better on my hair than any liquid shampoo ever did.

I had similar bad results with bar soap. FYI, Dr. Bronners soap has the same effect when used as shampoo.