Is there something I shouldn't miss in Phoenix?

Regarding that, it is important to notice that elections count, many times the right over here claimed that voting for Romney would keep the eyes of the feds out of Sheriff Joe, did not work as they thought and recently Sheriff Joe has to endure court appointed watchdogs to make sure he complies with the orders to stop profiling, so yes, it is even less likely that you will be affected by Smokey. :slight_smile:

This was going to be my answer as well. I was recently in Phoenix for a wedding, and my brothers and I took a ride out to visit the MIM, and it was well worth it. Highly recommended!

If you’re going to be in Phoenix the weekend of the 8th (you said a little over a week from now), that’s the first weekend of the Arizona Rennaisance Festival.

My favorite restaurant in Phoenix is Republic Ramen, which my friends who have lived in Japan have said is fairly authentic. Authentic or not, it’s really good (if a tad pricy).

Oh, my. There’s just so much.

The view from Camelback is well worth the hike. Start early to avoid the heat and have a better chance of finding a spot to park.