Is this normal for a dog?

Joining the chorus - yes, it’s normal, yes, she needs training, and yes, she needs more exercise. Half an hour a day is a minimum, and there is very nearly no maximum.

She needs to work off her energy, especially if she is part whippet.

Regards,
Shodan, Owner of Leet the Wonder Dog[sup]TM[/sup], who is 75 pounds of innocent “I wasn’t chewing the slipper - I was just licking it. For now” and who does a lot less licking after an hour’s walk

Cooper, a Portie absolutely loves bully sticks, he can reduce a 15" stick to a stub in two days

At 3-ish he’s still mentally a puppy, porties are slow to mentally mature, he also has a strong herding instinct, and loves to keep “his” chickens herded into two shrubs he has designated as “safe zones”, he can even tell the difference between the “bring 'em in!” Command (herd to closest safe zone) and “in the barn” where he will herd them back into the barn

He has two distinct running modes, warp and Ludicrous, in ludicrous he drops lower to the ground and uses long springboard strides

Not all dogs are chewers: I know several who aren’t. But many are, and it’s not at all unusual. Like others said, make sure she has toys that are acceptable to chew, and train her so she knows what’s acceptable and what’s not.