Is Trump done?

I have a feeling that a big segment of the GOP would like nothing more than to put him out to pasture, but fear the fracturing of the party that would happen, if they did something like change their internal rules that no candidates under indictment are eligible for the party nomination.

I mean, the last thing they really want at this point is to have Trump running again. It’s pretty clear that Trump and Trumpism motivates a LOT of people to go vote against him/it. Not necessarily for Democrats, but against Trump.

To use a personal example, I have a good friend who’s a former Army officer, is very politically conservative- is a fan of Ben Shapiro, scoffs at most “woke” type stuff, etc… and also proclaimed that there was no way he was voting for that “piece of s**t” with reference to Trump. He’s absolutely a blood-red GOP voter without Trump in the mix. But Trump’s personally odious enough to prevent that vote.

You left out the bottled water dispenser in the hallway. It might be the dispenser’s year, at least for the nomination.

“I like the human touch”—not always.