It smells terrible and tastes like it smells!

Utter nonsense! Durian is evil fruit, period. It is pure shit from Satan himself.

A story I’ve told on this Board before: One time in the early years of our marriage, the wife and I lived in a small one-room efficiency. The bed was the centerpiece of the room, there was a refrigerator next to it, and we viewed TV and videos from the bed.

One day, we made the cross-city trek to see the wife’s parents, who were still alive then. This was before the Skytrain, when these things could take half a day. We returned home that evening, and unbeknownst to me my mother-in-law had given the wife some durian. It was wrapped in foil and sealed in a Tupperware bowl. When we got home, she put it inside the refrigerator. So it’s sealed in aluminum foil, a Tupperware bowl and a refrigerator. I still don’t know about it.

We watch a movie. Some ways into it, I begin noticing this awful, awful smell, subtle at first, but definitely putrid. I think it’s me! We keep watching the movie, and the smell just grows stronger. I’m thinking Man! I really need to take a shower. A little while later, I’m thinking the wife could actually divorce me, I’ve never smelled this bad before.

After the movie, I actually apologized for my smell and said I was off to take a shower. That’s when I learned about the durian, which was really stinking the place up at that point.

My previous thread: Durian, the Evil Fruit

Kimchi often smells (to me anyway) like a gas leak, but it tastes awesome.

Vegemite?

It’s not just me who thinks it smells like vomit, then? I don’t like how it tastes, either, though.

So, you’re literally eating shit! Guess you also do that when you eat non-deveined shrimp. :eek:

I love the smell of kimchi. It tastes just as delicious MHO.

Never had Marmite or Vegemite.

No bad smells here, but my wife has a co-worker who is Vietnamese. He’s been telling her about how delicious banana flowers are…so one day, she bought a few and prepared them. A lot of work, and when you are done, you have something that looks (and tastes) like and old piece of sisal rope.