It's the weekly lissener pitting!

Ok. Um… how about the [del]word[/del] coinage diminuation? Or possibly the gasoline shortage in Atlanta. Or Pakistan.

You probably have a valid point, mhendo. I’m willing to believe that because 1. I barely skimmed that thread earlier in the day before abandoning it for getting hinky in a lot of directions and 2. you usually do. Make valid points, that is.

My point–because I’m quite sure I started out with one–is that it seems like some people on this board are hypersensitized by lissener. He can rub people the wrong way. Allergic reactions may occur. He ain’t everybody’s tipple. Approach with caution. May cause swelling and redness.

I have no idea if lissener was innocent as a newborn puppy in that thread. He may have been.

My wail of distaste was for his being Pitted again at all, right on the heels of the last one. Maybe the overload is only in my perceptions. But I’m really, really sick and tired of All About Lissener.
[/QUOTE]

I just hope nobody asks you to write any essays on the subject of misogyny!

Ok. Um… how about the [del]word[/del] coinage diminuation? Or possibly the gasoline shortage in Atlanta. Or Pakistan.

You probably have a valid point, mhendo. I’m willing to believe that because 1. I barely skimmed that thread earlier in the day before abandoning it for getting hinky in a lot of directions and 2. you usually do. Make valid points, that is.

My point–because I’m quite sure I started out with one–is that it seems like some people on this board are hypersensitized by lissener. He can rub people the wrong way. Allergic reactions may occur. He ain’t everybody’s tipple. Approach with caution. May cause swelling and redness.

I have no idea if lissener was innocent as a newborn puppy in that thread. He may have been.

My wail of distaste was for his being Pitted again at all, right on the heels of the last one. Maybe the overload is only in my perceptions. But I’m really, really sick and tired of All About Lissener.
[/QUOTE]

TVeblen, I admit to being hypersensitive about lissener. Had another poster written the exact same thing, I would have argue by not pitted. I’ll concede this thread was unwarranted.

Actually I came in to say–well, something. I don’t remember now, but it was both about Linda Hamilton and fairly snarky. But when I saw lissener’s remark I was irked–unduly, as I wrote above, because I find him irksome in so many other threads.

And, Anaamika, I don’t know if you saw, but I apolgized for the hijack in the other thread.

Hey wait a minute. I think he’s kind of kind cute.

Diminuation? I will express my opinion thusly: the first word of this post represents the only time you will ever see that word written by me. Ever.

As for the gasoline shortage in Atlanta, if they have no gas, then let them pump diesel.

As for Pakistan, I was sadly unaware of the gas shortage there. Perhaps our troops in Afghanistan can lend them some, since they seem to be making frequent sightseeing trips over the border anyway.

This is pretty pathetic, his last pittingis still on the front page. Worse yet he posted to it at Today 06:44 PM.

A lame pitting and very inappropriately timed. What were you thinking?

Jim

My guess? “Bbbbblblltygrbbblllurbleurbleurble!”

I don’t understand why the OP wouldn’t just start a thread in IMHO or even possibly GD about the differences between “lookism” and “misogyny”. A pit thread seems like the OP can’t argue his/her point without resulting in name calling.

I think mhendo nailed it. The OP doesn’t really have a point but just wanted to slag off a bit, and hide the essential emptiness of the venting behind a hoped-for pile-on.

Weak, Skald, very weak.

Lissener and I haven’t always gotten along, and I have, in fact, pitted him in the not-to-distant past (on, among other things, my perception that he’s a misogynist, interestingly enough) – but this time I’m going to come down firmly on his side.

You’re acting like an asshole, Skald. You might want to look into getting your meds adjusted.

That I dislike lissener, obviously. But that wasn’t a valid reason to open a Pit thread; his offense was not nearly bad enough.

I’ll agree that my opening this thread was assholery. I’m not saying I have changed my mind on the misogyny versus lookism issue; I’m saying that if you or almost anyone else on the boards had made the same assertion that **lissener **did, I wouldn’t have pitted. I permitted my personal dislike of lissener to make me behave badly. I should not have done it, and I apologize.

Good post. Now please send it to lissener.

Well owning up to it and apologizing is the right thing to do. Good deal!

Not to be all twelve years old, but as lissener has neither posted in this thread nor sent me a PM regarding it, I have no reason to think he’s read it. If he asks me for a private apology, I’ll send one; but having apologized publicly, I see no reason no repeat it.

Wilson Mizner said it best: “A good lissener is not only popular everywhere, but, after a while, knows something”

How many more times is **lissener **going to have to prove that to you? :smiley:

Oh. Are you 13 already?

You really are a mom aren’t you?:wink:

Look. I insulted **lissener **in public I was taken to task by persons other than **lissener **in public. After reading the protests, I decided that I was in the wrong and conceded that I was wrong, in in public, three times.

None of this was in private. The only person privileged to demand a private apology would be the target of the original & misguided pitting. As you are not he, why are you pushing this?

Because…I am the voice of righteousness.

Isn’t this funny that in the other thread, I take a totally different stance. C’mon dude.

I was really only kidding in the first post. Really!

Good job.