I've begun drinking water

Hi. Remember me? The one who pees alot?

I posted that my fluid intake is probably less now than it had been. ProjectOmega & Qadgop, you both seem to have missed that one.

Another question I came up with (at the urinal, of all places, imagine that…) is, does output color matter? For as much as I’ve been peeing lately, you’d think it would be clearer than it is. But it isn’t.

Again, thanks for your input to this point. It has given me something to consider, and has been informative as well.

I noted it casey. I just found it irrelevant to the process of ruling out diabetes, which to me is the first priority.

Output color can give indications, but its best to truly quantify urine concentration by specific gravity, done with a basic urine test. Your data as given is too subjective to comfortably speculate about as important a topic as your health. At least for me, as a professional. Others here will speculate endlessly, some with excellent info, some with terrible.

There, now I’ve beaten the subject of testing for diabetes to death.

boo boo bear:

What other symptoms did you have besides the urination? How is life post-diagnosis? How was your adjustment? What kind of illness made you go to the hospital?

Cecil also wrote about asparatame: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a961129.html

I think the main problem with diet drinks is that they either 1. cause most people to crave more sweet things to eat and sabotage the diet or 2. take the place of food or drinks that actually do contain some nutrition. 3. they ruin your keyboard if you spill them on your computer, while water is less like to.