John and Theresa Kerry= Juan and Evita Peron?

I guess if I had Bush’s record to run on, I might be resorting to this sort of nonsense in order to distract people from my record and make them even more fearful of change.

…But, hopefully not.

“Behind” him, often, because his wife just walked in and she has to hide! :stuck_out_tongue:

From “Transforming Teresa,” an article in Mother Jones magazine, July/August 2004 (http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2004/07/07_400.html):

I will concede that this election might well be decided by a half dozen widowed grade school teachers in Sandusky, Ohio, but have we really gotten to the point that this sort of ignorant (and I use that word advisedly) balderdash is the meat of political thought and comment. Mrs. Kerry will start a ministry of propaganda? Better we have an election about whether 19 year old over hormoned males would rather pork the Bush Sisters or the Kerry Girls. This is just too stupid to endure.

The only thing I can think of that is even close is the hysterical rantings my father use to have over Eleanor Roosevelt. Balderdash! Stupidity! Ignorance! Mendacity! Get a life, Ralph, for Christ’s sake.

Ralph124c, if you’re going to make the Kerrys into the Perons, can’t you make me Alfredo Stroessner?

Please?

Pretty Please?

:confused: Pardon me . . . it was before my time . . . what, exactly, did anybody find to dislike about Eleanor Roosevelt?

(I mean, considering that her lesbianism didn’t come out until years after her death, and even now is not conclusively proven.)

Before my time too, but, as far as I can understand it:

A large segment of the population resented the New Deal, and everyone that was in some way responsible for it. Eleanor, due to her public exposure, was a favorite target of these people.

And she had the audacity to meet with labor, blacks and pretty much anyone else that the abovementioned large segment of the population didn’t care for.

You also have to remember that this was the 30s and 40s. Good women did not DO the kind of things Eleanor Roosevelt did. She was entirely too opinionated, outspoken, active and independent for her time.

Kind of like Hillary.

The Old Man fancied himself an Edwardian Gentleman. He liked his women quiet and complacent. He feared Communism and hated unions and had only contempt for Negroes (except Ezzard Charles). He hated FDR (“that man”) and Eleanor scared the willies out of him. The same effect Mrs. Kerry seems to have on Ralph. She apparently was not J. Edgar Hoover’s favorite person either. All that may explain the divorce and the fact that some 40 years after his death I am still a Democrat. The Old Man was a piece of work.

Some more liberal Southerners disliked Eleanor’s constant haranguing of racism and separatism as if were an exclusively southern issue while ignoring that non southern cities from New York to Miami to Los Angeles also had major racial problems and racial divides. Plus there were the usual crude jokes about her looks, rumors that she was insane (as her father had been), allegations of hypocrisy and “ivory tower” dwelling, etc… Nevertheless she was one of the first First ladies to have a major power base separate from her husband’s (I’m not counting Edith Wilson, since her eminence grise position arose from a deception about the severity of her husband’s condition, or Florence Harding, who did not officially have any power though any of her husband’s advisors knew otherwise.)

You could be on to something here. I recently heard that Ms Heinz-Kerry (if that’s her real name) owns an island in the Caribbean on which she has installed a secret death ray that will destroy the moon unless the United Nations is willing to fork over a ransom of…one meeeellion dollars! I think I heard this on Limbaugh, but I could be wrong. :smiley:

Not only that but I hear Drudge is reporting that she’s got sharks with frickin’ laser beams on their heads.

Something involving LSD-laced ketchup . . .

Ahhrgh, I got nuttin’.

that wouldn’t be a 1920’s style death ray, by any chance, would it?

Well, I heard Rushdruggie call her Evita too, so it must be true, right?

At least on Bizarro world.

There’s just something about outspoken and independent women that infuriates Republicans.

American Evita

Theresa Heinz Kerry it ain’t