Johnny Cash's Songs.....

I’ve been everywhere, man
I’ve been everywhere, man
Across the deserts bare, man
I’ve breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel I’ve had my share, man
I’ve been everywhere…

Am I the only one who really likes The Highwaymen, country’s answer to the Traveling Wilburys?

I love the Highwaymen and I’ve been a Johnny Cash fan since I was a kid. Grew up listening to him with my Dad.

When the ex and I worked in radio in the Nashville market, we met him when he came by station. He is the nicest man and very cool. I had met other famous types while working there but his visit was the only time I called my Mom from work to tell her “Guess who’s standing in the control room?”

You met Johnny Cash?

[D. A. Cole]If that ain’t country, I’ll kish yer ash…[/D. A. Cole]

Johnny Cash is my favorite superhero…the man radiates cool in a 100 mile radius…

Yes, I did. :slight_smile:

Got my picture made with him and when we (and a lot of other radio types) saw him a couple days later after his show I took the picture and he autographed it to my Dad for me.

My Dad still thinks that’s about the coolest thing I ever gave him. Only things that beat it out are his grandkids.

I heart Johnny Cash.

American IV is a GREAT album. I could listen to “When A Man Comes Around” over…and over…and over…and over… And sometimes I do!

Well it’s a 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59
Automobile
It’s a 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70
Automobile

Well have you missed my brother man?
He took a little money with a gun in his hand.
Now the kids are hungry and the wife ain’t well
And their daddy’s locked up in the prison cell.
Oh Orleans Parish Prison won’t you free my brother man?
I know it’s sad but he ain’t bad he’s doin’ the best he can.
Orleans Parish Prison won’t you free my brother man?

The man is truly one-of-a-kind. Amazing.

The guy sings NIN and Soundgarden covers, was on Columbo and The Simpsons…He’s cooler than Steve McQueen!

I Walk The Line is the greatest love song ever.

Love love Johnny Cash. He is the coolest.

…“when I hear that whistle blowin’, I hang my head and cry…”

Folsum Prison Blues.

Y’know, when other singers try to perform Ghost Riders (In The Sky), they sound kinda hokey and there’s quite a large cheeze factor. When Johnny Cash sings it, you get chills. That’s magic.

Saw the man perform klive twice. Both times were so cool, I am not even sure if it was objectively speaking great because both times I was just thinking, “Oh my God, that’s Johnny Cash, right there! And he’s singing *Sunday Morning Coming Down[\i].” The man is awesome.

When The Man Comes Around is also a cool song. I think I need to get an autograph from him before he kicks it. Sadly, I figure he has about a year left.

Johnny Cash - the Sun Years is a good collection of older material.

I am often in awe of other people who can recall exactly where they were and what they were doing the first time they heard a particular song. I think it is pretty cool that a song makes such an impression on you that years later you can remember the exact moment.

I have only two of these moments.

The most memorable was in 1976 when I was five years old and I heard the opening lick of Folsom Prison Blues from the Live at San Quentin album. It was on my dad’s old reel-to-reel and I have been a huge fan ever since.