Joining Weight Watchers

I can totally relate to that! I’m a dude and I’ve lost 35 pounds with the last 7 weeks on weight watchers (My coordinator is a great, funny, and sociable older lady!) I’ve had a few glares from the middle-aged women but mostly everyone was pretty happy for me.

Men tend to have more muscle under the fat, and also more weight, period. Easier by far for a 250 pound man to drop 50 than a 175 pound woman to drop 50; which shouldn’t surprise anyone…

Funny you should say it that way. I’m a 250 pound man who needs to drop (at least) 50 lbs.

I was doing the online WW a couple of years ago; I don’t remember why I stopped. This time, I think I’ll check out the meetings.

Hate to “reanimate” the thread, but I’m at about 67lbs weight loss so far and I’m currently at 388lbs (at last Wed. meeting)

I’m definitely noticing sagging skin in my arms and legs, but the belly doesn’t seem different (but clothing is fitting a bit better).

So, how’s it going for you Mean Mr. Mustard?

I stayed with it maybe 10 weeks and dropped around 25 lbs. Gradually gained it back plus a few bonus pounds.

Even though I had a good leader I never did feel comfortable at the meetings, so I stopped going. I don’t love being the center of attention even when it’s positive, so it always felt awkward when I did well and was singled out to the room of (mostly) wimmen.

I wish I felt different, because I do see the value of the meetings.

The good news is that I’ve lost 40 lbs. since this July and I currently weigh less than I have in 10+ years.

Thanks for asking.
mmm

Go get 'em, Mustard!

(I’m not a fan of the WW meetings; they seemed to consist of people saying they lost weight by drinking water, and weigh-ins. But I don’t like meetings anyway, so it’s not the fault of WW.)

I do like that WW can be extremely healthy if you avoid or keep to a minimum the pre-made food items. It’s something that you can follow forever.

Not sure what the current WW tracking methodology is, but I did find the “points” method useful. I would personally rather “budget” for a piece of an amazing chocolate or pastry or my favorite kind of cake, than have a “diet food” version.

I totally agree, Bunny. WW seems to be the most balanced program out there.

On the other hand…I’m doing the low carb thing as a direct result of my doctor extolling its virtues. It’s working so far.
mmm

No problem buddy :slight_smile: It was mostly women in my classes until September and now its about a 75/25 split. (f/m)

Most veggies and fruit are now zero points, but they calculate that into your daily points. I’ll eventually have to use points (when my calculated daily totals goes below 71, and it’s been 71 ever since I’ve started), but i’ve been using Simply Filling .

The good news is that I’m off of one my blood pressure medicines because my bp is getting normal with just one.

I had a small gain (thanks water retention!) this week, but I don’t really count it at my weight.