Jokes that, nowadays, need explaining

Never heard the phrase “Dropped a quarter on him” to mean ratting someone out to the police. Maybe just once did I hear any reference to a pay phone based on a quarter even though it went up from a dime well before payphones became extinct. I imagine they only cost a nickel some time in the past but it wouldn’t be useful to distinguish a pay phone call that way because everything cost a nickel back then.

I think you mean a “bee”.

In those days nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. “Give me five bees for a quarter” you’d say.

“We gave at the office.”

When we removed a big tree that was too close to the house and lifting the foundation, the tree guys found an old antenna that had been lifted high off the roof by the growing branches. I don’t know if the previous owners missed it or not.

Coed skinny-dipping may have been risqué, but in single-sex (or at least all-male) environments like summer camps, YMCAs, or PE classes it was normal before the '70s. Some YMCAs had men-only swim hours even after they wend coed where suits were option. I remember a seeing a sitcom from the late '70s or early '80s where the a man got the schedule wrong and walked out of the lockerroom naked. Also there’s this joke from The Brady Bunch. If was just the boys going over it wouldn’t even have been a joke; now days it would be considered alarming instead of innocent or funny.