*Jolene* slowed down to 33RPM

Not a fan of what it does to Jay’s voice (Merrill’s fine), but it is a pretty good groove.

I can’t wait to see the crazy shit Youtube recommends for me after some of these links.

Oh yeah, I also years and years ago did a remix of Madonna’s Ray Of Light where I re-arranged the song, changed it to a slightly faster tempo and then pitch-shifted her vocals down quite a bit.

Madonna - Ray Of Light (Mandonna Mix)

I have never heard the original of this song. Fast and slow…I’m blown away. The Osmonds? My mind is blown! :eek:

The only Jolene I know runs at 78.

Back around ‘70 we used to love to listen to Crimson and Clover slowed to 33. Cool. Sorry no link or ability to do so.

I’ve never heard it before either but wow that’s a cool song either way but the ‘metal’ version is much too much!

Before I saw this reply, and after listening to the 33 RPM Jolene I thought it bore a striking similarity to Tusk. I guess I wasn’t the only one thinking along that line.

Atlanta Rhythm Section’s Imaginary Lovers sped up from 33 1/3 to 45 rpm is said to sound like Stevie Nicks.

:smack: I wonder if I’m getting songs and artists mixed up in my old age. ARS did “Imaginary Lovers”? Then maybe that wasn’t the song. I’m pretty sure the April Fool’s joke was a Bob Welch song sped up… maybe it was “Sentimental Lady”? Whatever it was, it sure did sound like Stevie singing.

Something like this? Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson and Clover (Slowed Down) - YouTube

There are Apps that will slow down music without changing the pitch. I keep two on my pc and one on my phone. Makes rehearsing much easier until I learn the song. Then I play at full tempo.

Dolly’s voice will sound normal. She’s just singing slower.

The YouTube example sounds like a dude singing. It sounds cool but it’s like a different artist performing.

This actually sounds like a really good singer doing a bizarre cover.:cool:

Dude! Thank you for that. What a blast from the past.