Judge Dredd Fan Film: Judge Minty

Oh cool, yes.

I thought that link was to the original Bieber song and that’s why I didn’t want to click through.

I’ve seen the film before, it is quite good.

Me, I think Sláine would be a wonderful film series. The pinnacle of non-Conan Barbarian storytelling. But no, we get shitty Scorpion King sequels with Billy fucking Zane as the villain, instead.

I mean, I can see it now - Gerard Butler as Sláine and, say, Hugo Weaving as The Lord Weird Slough Feg. Warwick Davis as Ukko, natch.

Something like this perhaps?

Would actually prefer a take-off of the pre-Bisley B&W stuff first. But well done, that animator (although his women need some work - talk about butterface!)

And Zenith. Justin Bieber with superpowers, son of anti-Vietnam super-hippies and grandson of a revered WWII super-soldier, dragged into a battle with Cosmic Evil as the world’s only hope.

Ger Butler’s Irish accents are terriblay.

shudder
I mean, I love Zenith, but that image…

I know Sláine is Cuchulain-meets-Conan, but I’m OK with him having a Scottish accent.

I was thinking Zenith’s more Justin Timberlake than Justin Bieber. Or maybe Robin Thicke.

If they were to make a Slaine, I agree that the tendency would be towards casting a Jason Momoa type or one of the Spartacus guys, but I think Gerard Butler, someone with at least a bit of talent*, would add some legitimacy to it. Or Tom Hardy, or Kevin McKidd.

*Though I am not a fan of Gerard Butler myself

I was mostly just thinking “Celtic Brit who we know looks good in a loincloth” meself. “This Is Tír na nÓg!!!”, type of thing.

I was thinking more than the character than the actor: wastrel idiot teen popstar of dubious talent. Who just happens to be the only one who can save us from extra-dimensional Nazis. Timberlake would actually be perfect casting.

Timberlake, sure, guy can act (I quite liked In Time). Bieber, though…

Ha, I just found out I’ve met one of the lads who wrote this. He’s an old friend of my brother’s.

Nemesis the Warlord, anyone?

Oh, shuggles…

Warlock. And I want a Flesh movie while I’m at it: spoilt future people travel back to the Cretaceous and establish a base to hunt dinosaurs and process them for much-needed meat because they’re all sick of tofu, until everything goes horribly wrong and they all become prey for said dinosaurs. What about this is a/ not a commercial prospect and b/ not totally fucking awesome?

One thing I’m confused about - and obviously I haven’t read 200 A.D. here - but why would anyone try to “Bring law to the lawless?” There doesn’t seem to be anyone out there except for tiny bands of raving psychotics with bad fashion sense. They don’t seem to present any threat to the Mega City, probably because they’re surviving on prime aged boots and dehydrated twinkies. What is the exact point of going out to randomly kill the people gnawing on the carcass of a world bombed to hell and back?

Are there supposed to be people who aren’t maddog killers?

You don’t know the half of it. Dredd even ran into the Ronald McDonald tribe waging war on the Burger King clan out there, at least until their lawyers screamed long and loud. “Everything is disposable here, includin’ the staff”.

Personally, I’d far rather see more of the 2012 A.D. universe - or the Necromunda setting, which has more than a little in common with it - than the comic book. A setting with gangs like the Judged or the Delaque is awesome. A setting with gangs like the Ronald McDonald tribe is not.