Just got my updated vaccine for Omicron & BA5

Which drug store did you go to (if you went to one)? When I last tried to schedule through Walgreens they’d only let you select one vaccine. I need a covid booster, a flu shot, and I’m 10 years since my last tetanus booster so I’d love to get it all done in 2 visits rather than 3…

I got mine a few hours ago. It was the most painless one I’ve had so far. I laid in some chicken soup so if we feel like crap tomorrow, I have easy to prepare and eat food on hand.

I went to the Walgreens site to schedule my COVID booster and for me they suggested getting the flu shot at the same time. But flu shots are usually walk-in anyway, so if you have your COVID appointment you can just ask for it. Tetanus I don’t know.

Eating chicken soup on hand could be messy.

My doctor (now retired) did mention a good reason not to get multiple vaccinations at the same time: if you have a bad reaction, you won’t know which one is the problem. However other medical folks have suggested going ahead with multiple vaccinations, so I don’t know how important this is.

They always give one in each arm. I wonder how common it is to have a bad reaction that presents without any associated localized reaction that would indicate which one was causing the problem?

If I were taking vaccines that I had never had before (including a different type of vaccine for the same thing) I’d avoid doing two together. But having had 4 Moderna COVID already, the tiny prior probability of a severe reaction is now indistinguishable from zero when the only change is the RNA sequence. Likewise the flu shot.

Well, my daughter felt terrible for more than 24 hours, worse than the worst flu she’s ever had, when she got the first Covid vaccine.

Aren’t some people allergic, getting hives all over? I’ve had that reaction to other drugs, and though it’s a bit unpleasant, it’s also a warning that the reaction next time might be far worse.

These are whole-body reactions, not local ones.

That’s a good point about not knowing which of two vaccines might have given you a bad reaction. I’m splitting mine up; I’d rather get the flu vaccine just a couple of weeks closer to flu season, anyway.

I had my bivalent booster at about 10 a.m. yesterday, and had chills and body aches last night. I couldn’t sleep anymore, so I got up at 4:45. I feel like crap on a cracker. Hopefully this big mug of Assam tea will buck me up.

I got my bivalent Covid vax on Sunday. Flu shot will happen at the end of the month when the flu clinic comes to work - they’ll be there the day before I retire, so it’ll be my parting shot, so to speak.

And the Shingrix is famous for kicking people’s asses, so I’m not sure I’d recommend getting another vax along with it.

I had my bivalent Moderna booster yesterday. No side effects at all. I’ve had 5 Moderna shots now, and after the first one laid me up exhausted for a day or so, the side effects from each one have steadily diminished to nothing now. I can just feel slight soreness in my arm - I’m happy that still happens, because it reassures that the shot was probably good (not left out of the fridge and degraded or something).

I would guess this might also be good news for my Ab titer and immunological memory, since my last booster was 9 months ago. You’d think if my immunity had faded, that would probably be correlated with increased side effects again? But I’m not completely sure about that.

Yeah, Shingrix was hard. Flu and COVID shots, not much trouble. Waiting for a message about supply at my medical group.

I got the bivalent vaccination at CVS on the way home from work yesterday, along with my flu shot. This was my first Pfizer; all my previous vaccines have been Moderna, but the updated Moderna vaccine doesn’t seem to be available in my area. I deliberately had it done on a Friday afternoon, so that I would have the weekend to get over any side effects.

Good thing, too, because I’m pretty fatigued. Got up at about 8:00, fed and walked the dog, then went back to bed and slept until about 1:30 in the afternoon. My plans for today and tomorrow are to just take it easy.

Still, worth it!

Got both on Thursday, not particularly uncomfortable.

We got #5 and the senior flu vax on Thursday last. Some tiredness and the usual arm soreness over the past couple of days, but all is well.

Had my 1st Shingrix along with Prevnar last night. A little headachy and tired, but not nearly as bad as my 1st 2 (3?) Covid shots. My 4th shot back in May was a non-event.

I received the bivalent COVID vaccine on Wednesday after work at a supermarket pharmacy. Really no pain.

I just got the updated COVID shot and flu shot at an HEB here in San Antonio.

There are two vaccination schedules: one for people who are notmoderately or severely immunocompromised and one for people who are moderately or severely immunocompromised.

ETA: Was going to chime in about the Shingrix. The first shot kind of hurt my shoulder. Not sure if that was the shot itself or just the injection technique. Other than that, I don’t remember feeling any particular side effects from it. I was highly motivated to get both doses when I was finally allowed since I already had shingles once.

The Shingrix shoulder definitely hurt worse and longer than the Prevnar shoulder, but both are back to normal.

Got my updated omicron/classic vaccine yesterday. No symptoms so far. Two weeks for full effect and then I can resume licking subway poles, just like the old days.

Ain’t it the truth? You know, of all the things I miss about the Before Times, this is the most poignant.