Kiddie pool clarity

I don’t know. It seems that I am going to have to take a water sample in to a pool place, try to get an expert opinion.

Who thought little kids pools could be so difficult?

Tried to add the following on edit:

I just read the rest of the replies.

If the sediment is “slimy” it is definitely algae. I’d start over, if possible. Dump, and clean the pool with Lysol. Fill and add a commercial chorine product. You can probably get some at your local Walmart. If you can keep the Cl at about 1.5 to 2 PPM and the Ph at 7.4 you shouldn’t have any problems.

Imagine trying to take care of three 12 lane pools.

You need to visit a pool store, as has been noted, and bring sample water in a sealed container.

You need guidance from a professional. Small pools can have very big problems 9ratio of kids to water fouls water and knowledge level of small pool owner usually not enhaned (’‘hey, it’s a kiddie pool’! Well, that can make it very bad.)

A pool professional can walk you through thinks like:

-stabilizer (cyuranic acid) added to new water to protect the chlorine from vanishing into thin air as soon as you add it
-shock for weekly disinfecting
-stabilized chlorinating tablets for daily disinfecting
-ash and soda for pH balancing and alkalinity levels (to prevent the pH from bouncing after the pool is used or filled)
-algaecide: the number one reason every schmoe can have clear water (and it is needed) but gives false sense of security as it does not sanitize the water.

‘hardness’ might not be something you need to worry about. Ask them.

A pool pro should mention every key word I just did.

Thanks everyone for your help.

That doesn’t like any algae I’ve seen. At least not in our Koi pond. It’s green.