Kitchen Cutlery...To Global or not to Global.

I have a Global chef’s knife, and I love it. It happens to fit well in my hand, though; there are plenty of good knives out there.

IIRC (someone took my copy of KC), Bourdain recommended the Globals at least in part because they were not as expensive as the German counterparts. I don’t think that’s quite the case anymore, probably due in large part to Bourdain. In any event, the price difference is not enough to make you consider buying a knife you don’t like over one you do.

A good quality chef’s knife is an important a tool in a kitchen as the stove or the refrigerator. If I’m cooking at someone else’s house where they don’t have at least a decent one, I’m lost.

Well, I’ve done it. After checking them out, there’s a Global 8" cooks knife winging it’s way to me. 1st in a collection. OO i can’t wait!

About a year ago at a cooking class, my husband and I got to try out a whole variety of knives - Global, Wusthof, Henckel, etc. I prefer the Wusthof line myself, after that day, but the Global knife was fun to use on vegetables. That being said, I liked the Henckel boning knife better than the Wusthof, so I think it really is a matter of your hand size, grip, etc meshing with the style of knife. Besides, who said all one’s knives had to be from the same company, anyway?