Know anybody named after famous people?

I joked with my wife that if our child was a boy I wanted to name him Zdeno after the hockey player, Zdeno Chara. Fortunately, we’re having a girl. :wink:

My cousins played pro football. Gus Frerotte and Mitch Frerotte. Mitch died very young in 2008.
These were close family members when I was younger but not so much during the adult years.
Had a cousin who was married to a West Va senator John Boettner. He was running for state attorney general in the1980s but became involved in a bit of scandal and was disbarred.

Being from a Catholic family, we’re all pretty much named after saints…but I don’t think that counts for purposes of this inquiry.

I have a friend named Terri Ann who was named after a racehorse. Her mother had sent her father down to the courthouse to apply for the baby’s birth certificate. He stopped at the track to have some congratulatory drinks with his buddies on the birth of his new daughter. Afterwards, at the courthouse, he forgot the name his wife had given him to register for the baby. The only name he could think of was the name of the horse who had won the last race - Terri Ann. In his mind, that seemed an ok name for a little girl, so that’s what he put on the application.

That’d be weird if she was Thor’s daughter.

His name is Nicholas. I used to work with a guy whose son is named Thor.

I actually knew the latter was Jimmy Brown without looking it up. 1963 I think. So I assume the live album was recorded by James Brown.

I just realized I answered the wrong question. Thought it said do you know any famous people. I am obviously not running on all cylinders today. Just disregard my non sequitur/bizarre thread response…

I had a student named Apollo Neil, who was born on the day of Armstrong’s “one small step”.

I recently saw a new vet the last time I took my cats in. I didn’t think anything of it when he introduced himself as Dr. Dickens, but when I checked out the bill listed him as Charles Dickens. Which I think is pretty unkind to do to a child, but he could easily be an actual descendant, in which case I’ll allow it.
(Also my dentist is Dr. Bill Gates, but is probably older than famous Bill Gates)

My middle name was named after Sean connery

Closest I get is that my niece is named after a fictional character.

(My grandfather’s first two names were Henry James, though I never knew the man (he died before I was born), and I don’t know whether he was named after Henry James, or if it was a coincidence. He went by James (or Jim), FTR.)

I have a friend whose granddaughter is named Eliot after TS. I love it.

I know someone named Ivana Humpalot and I had a few classes in college with a guy by the name of Harry Bum. Not exactly famous but still memorable!

One coworker admits to being named after Latoya Jackson. Another claims that his first and middle name being George Washington is just a coincidence; its an old family tradition. Personally I got enough different stories from my parents about my name that I’ll believe just about anything.

A kid who last name was Capone so his parents named him after Al Capone .

I know a Lois Lane.
mmm

The lady who sits behind me at work is named Ann Marie. Apparently her mother was a big That Girl fan.

My first name is a popular actress of 1961 … my parents had issues deciding what to name me - neither maternal nor paternal grandmothers names really pleased my Mom, and so my Dad suggested the name, and they decided they could live with it, and it wasn’t going to cause me issues with the kids my age range [for sake of argument, my maternal grandmother might have had a name like Gertrude or something that would have been seen as ridiculous to the kids of the age I am having been Amish, and my paternal grandmother was named Isabelle, which also would have been seen as odd.] I think my first name was actually in like the top 100 popular girls names of the time. At least I didn’t end up as one of the ubiquitous Mary/Katherine/Susans of the day. I think every year there were at least 5 Mary, 3 or 4 Katherines and at least 3 Susans in my brother’s school [I went to a series of private schools with small populations, my brother went to public school except for 2 years of military school.]

I know a kid named James Bond. Good kid and a great athlete, so the name can’t be TOO awful a burden.

When I was in college in the early 1990s, I had a classmate who got married, and decided to change her name after all, because what were the chances that nobody would remember Cindy Crawford in 5 or 10 years?

You don’t hear much about her nowadays, but I think it’s because she stepped out of the spotlight to raise her kids and do charity work.