Ladies never sit with their legs crossed?

Huh. I can’t sit for any length of time with my ankle on my knee, because it makes my hip hurt, for some reason. I can do knee over knee just fine. And the health of my crown jewels are just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Straight as an arrow, FTR.

This seems like as good a place as any to ask this.

Can any of you cross your legs at the knee and then hook your toes behind your calf in sort of a double crossing? I’ve heard that women can do this easier than men generally.

Well, I can…

I can, but again, I bet I’m an outlying data point. (Not just for the reason alluded to previously, but also because I’m 6’2" and have fairly long legs.)

I think I’ve decided that I don’t care so much for “ladies”. They sound so frightfully boring :o.

Give me an unladylike girl any day :D.

Ooooooooo I got all mad at the advance screening of Sahara when three guys took up six seats because they didn’t want to catch TEH GAY. (I overheard them laughing about it, “Don’t sit next to me, I don’t anybody to think I’m gay! hahahaha!”) I wanted to lean over the seat and scream, “You’re damn ugly, I don’t think *any * gay guy would do you! Cause I sure wouldn’t! If you were the last guys on earth and I was the last girl, the human race would die out because I wouldn’t even do you for MONEY!”

pant, pant Ok all better now. Leaving the thread before I get more overwrought.

Yep - no problem whatsoever. But then, I’m double jointed.

On Designing Women I was always impressed at how Dixie Carter (Julia Sugarbaker) sat.

She would cross her legs at the knee, but both her legs would be angled in the same direction. It made for a nice clean line of rather pretty shins, and none of the discordance of two feet sticking out in opposite directions.

And since Julia was a Southern Lady, I’m wondering how Emily Post would feel about that.

Not female.

Yes, easily.

I’m a girl I can’t do it for the life of me. I saw a thing on the Discovery channel or the equivalent, about how women do that, men do the ankle on the opposite knee thing and both genders cross ankles or knees. I guess I’m a really bad girl, as I often do the ankle to knee thing, although not as much as when I was a kid.

Oh, and ladies most definately cross their ankles.

Are they still in business? I can only imagine that hurt their sales.