Law and Order (Jan 12) Surprise -- (Open spoilers)

I alway got the impression they just carried a torch for each other…particularly him for her. But they hadn’t slept together, in no small part because she was uncomforable at the idea of being another notch on his Former Assistent bedpost. That’s how I read her reaction to his other assistent. Who said they were lovers?

I read her reaction as one of contempt, like the defendent was moron for assuming such a thing.

Well, it’s nicer than standing there like Nelson on The Simpsons and saying “Hah-hah!” when she was fired.

My guess is it’s to set up her return as a defendants lawyer. The defendant will be a lesbian who killed someone. That’s what happens to most of the assistants who leave the show anyway.

No, I was reading the coffee table book, Crime Scenes, and they pretty much admit that Claire and Jack had a thing going on.

Sometimes the defense attorneys return as cops, too.

Richard Brooks’ and Carey Lowell’s return appearances were one-shots, and I don’t doubt Rohm’s follow-up (if she gets one, and I hoping against it) will be the same.

I sort of fell out of love with the series many moons ago but I walked by as it was on and caught Serena say (something like:):

“It seems like you guys having been shutting down my opinion on everything in the last few months.”
Now has this actually been happening in the series or was this also tacked on? It seemed to me like they were setting up her whole departure with that one line…

It seemed VERY tacked on to me. I haven’t been as faithful about watching the show as I was in years past, but I think I have seen enough episodes to know if a trend had been established.

Simple explaination for the “Is this because I’m a lesbian?” non-sequitur: An agreement for guest appearances while suing the DA’s office for sexual harrassment.

It seemed fairly accurate to me, at least from that character’s perspective. My retort to the TV was “Well, maybe it’s because you always insist upon taking the contrary position on every issue!”

The main reason I didn’t like the character (aside from the sub-par acting) was that she seemed to want to contradict Jack McCoy, et al, out of sheer spite. Serena didn’t appear to have any consistent belief system, it was just “Whatever opinion Jack expresses, I’ll disagree!”