Least appropriate wedding song?

Actually, that’s Stephen Stills Band.

(Yeah, Iknow, I confuse them all time…they were always breaking up and getting back together!)

A teacher I had told of a couple who danced to “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”…she said, it sounds like they’re a fun couple!
Um, yeah.
Sure.
BTW, some MST3K fans use the ending Love Theme as their music! Kewl!

Here are some I thought of:

Kim-Eminem

And now, to stick a song in your head…

"Get out in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans…
Get out in that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans…
Something, something something… Cause I’m a hungry man…

I said, Shake Rattle and Roll…(x3)"

or,
" Put another log on the fire…"

“Oh lord it’s hard to be humble when you’re perfect in every way…I can’t wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day…” Mack Davis
These lyrics were sponsered by Alzheimer’s Musical Foundation.

I can’t belive this hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Smack my B*tch up - The Prodigy

Or how about :

Mac the Knife by Bobby Darin?

I thought this was about real songs that we’ve heard at a wedding that we just * thought it was inappropriate or odd. * I wanted to nominate my sister-in-law for having had Dan Fogleberg’s ‘Run For the Roses’ as her MAIN song!!

Anyone not familiar with the song, it IS a wonderful song, but when he’s singing to the HORSE and relating how it’s life began between its mother and the stud!! I thought it a tad odd, but hey, each to his own…or in this case, HER own. :wink:

I’m really sorry…I HAD TO DO IT… “MacArthur Park!”:stuck_out_tongue:

no one mentioned:

“Freebird” ?
“Heard it in a love Song” ?

My boyfriend’s parents danced to “Red House” by Jimi Hendrix. Basic story–guy comes home after not seeing his girl for a long time, his key won’t fit the lock anymore, so he goes away saying “If my baby don’t love me no more, I know her sister will”.

I have to wonder what my boyfriend’s aunt thought of that.

I Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock ‘n’ Roll.

I have a friend who DJ’s for weddings and on a few occasions he’s asked me for songs he doesn’t have in his CD collection. The following songs were all played at genuine weddings.

Big Bopper’s Wedding Day - a lesser hit by the man who gave us Chantilly Lace, this is a rockabilly tune about Big Bopper being shotgunned into marriage.

Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode - No really inappropriate as much as bizarre. Apparently the bride and groom were part of a fraternity/sorority crowd and Personal Jesus was a school dance. My friend said as soon as the first chords were played, the couple and all their friends jumped up and did this weird dance together.

Oh Darling by the Beatles - Another example of people not listening to the lyrics. The couple said it was “their song” which may portend trouble for their marriage.

The fluff section of the local paper once ran an interview with a DJ who said that many people ask for songs like “I Will Always Love You” to be played at their weddings without realizing that these are songs about breaking up.

A few months ago one of the morning shows (“Today”, I think) was going to have a couple married on the air. I saw the episode where they were introducing the finalists. Each couple’s segment had a different song playing over it, presumably selected by the couple themselves. I saw two or three of these segments, and all of the songs were about relationships that had ended! I specifically remember that one of them was that Jewel song (I can’t remember the title) that contains the line “Dreams last for so long, even after you’re gone”. They faded it out right after “long”, but it didn’t fool me.

I have heard of Pearl Jam’s “Betterman” being played at weddings. Anyone who listens to more than the refrain of this song should realize that it is about a woman who is afraid to end a bad marriage because she thinks she can’t do any better. Not exactly an auspicious choice for a wedding.

Oh, the Onion has dealt with this subject before:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3630/wedding_reception_dj.html

“Father Figure” by George Michael, maybe?
Or of course, “I Want Your Sex”

Well, basically almost anything by George Michael.

Havin’ My Baby by Paul Anka could give the bride’s parents quite a start. (If it was audible above the induced retching, that is.)

Breakin the girl. . . Red Hot Chili Peppers

DJ at a wedding reception I attended played “Dude Looks Like A Lady” by Aerosmith for the bride and groom’s entrance song. [We didn’t find out he was a cross-dresser 'til after the divorce 9 years later. Really.]