Leaving your trash at fast food joints.

I’d be happy with that!

So, as long as the employee doesn’t have to shag trash then they’ll take the time to clean a table?

Now I know the reason for the condition of the bathrooms.

Be untired! I do not throw trash in public, even if I have to walk a couple of feet to the trash can. But if I find myself in a trash dump then I do not hesitate to leave trash.

I clean up after myself. It’s just the way I was brought up. Working in Burger King as a teenager just reinforced this.

If you take a shit in a restaurants restroom and don’t flush, eventually someone will come along and flush it for you. However, it’s still incredibly uncourteous not to do so.

Same principle with leaving trash on the table, though it’s a much lesser degree of obnoxiousness.

I bus my own table and those of the customers around me. Not necessarily before they’re finished.

I always dump my own trash and anyone else’s that was left onmy table but I try to find a clean table first. I once counted 32 separate items of trash resulting from my minimal Mickey D breakfast.

I think you’re always better off at these establishments to throw away the refuse they call food as well. It’s all trash, people.

This reminds me of working at a fast-food campus snack bar while in college. One of my duties was to empty and re-line the trash bins. I had to keep an eye on them, because people would pile their trash on an overflowing bin even if there was an emptier one right next to it. I also quickly learned to reline the first bin immediately upon removing the full bag, or people would throw trash in the unlined bin – again, even if there was a lined one right there.

And yes, I always bus my table at a fast food place.

In my home town – and I remember hearing this from a friend who worked there (we were in high school) – Wendy’s quickly moved to a “customer clears the table” model because that was what people were used to from McDonald’s and so they would wander around looking for the trash bins and eventually bring the garbage back to the order counter. People didn’t understand a “half-fast” restaurant, where you ordered in line, got food on a tray, but someone else cleared up.

And yes, I always bus my own table if there isn’t wait service. I think that’s only fair since I’m not leaving a tip.

I always figure the rule is, if it’s not a place where you leave a tip, and the trash bins are in view and have tray-stacking space on top, bus your own table. Panera even expects you to separate your dishes and silverware from your trash and tray…

This is the only thing I worry about. I always take my trash, but I find myself wondering if I should leave the empty tray or a napkin or something as a sign that someone was there and the table needs to be wiped. It’s obvious if I’ve spilled something on the table of course, but with the tray this isn’t usually the case.

Yeah, at least at the places I worked as a teen. In fact, by having to spend time busing trash off of a table, the harried employee may forget to wipe the table down afterward, since when they return from the trash can, they can forget at which table they left off spraying/wiping. The ideal situation is for the employee to spray and wipe each table, one right after the other. Anything which interrupts the spray/wipe/next-table pattern increases the likelihood of a missed table. Plus, the employee has limited time to clean, so anything which eliminates tasks means more tables will be cleaned before the employee has to run back to the register/drive-through window/grill.

For the posters who mention wanting to leave a visual cue that a table needs to be wiped down, it’s unnecessary. The cleaning procedure means that every table gets sprayed and wiped in an order, regardless of whether it looks clean or not.

Now, if you want paranoia about dining-room cleanliness, time to start wondering how often the seats are sanitized!