Legitimate products that just don't work

How long can you whack on a single charge? How long to fully charge a dead battery? Do you work for B&D?

monarchy

They just don’t illuminate adequately from a distance. Up close I guess they’re ok, but 5 feet away, it’s just not enough for me.

:confused: Five feet is pretty close unless you’re talking about a penlight. Which maglight do you have, that is how many of what kind of cells?

Well, we have that hand-sized one that you can carry on your belt in a pouch, but we also have the one that’s about 18 inches long and has a slew of fat batteries in it. Probably C cells. I guess I’m just expecting too much. I like BRIGHT ILLUMINATION.

For me, it’s headphone earplugs. Maybe it’s because of my small ear canals, but those earpieces just never fit comfortably in my ears and they keep falling out. The ones that are on the end of a headphone cord never stay in place. I need to wear a wraparound headphone in order to not have the plugs fall out all the time.

You might try getting a replacement bulb. Mag light makes bulbs specific to the number and type of cells so make sure you get the right one. Krypton bulbs are not supposed to do this but bulbs can darken over time as particles from the filament deposit on the glass. I find the problem is particularly bad with the AAA and AA lights and the one in the belt pouch is probably one of those. Something is seriously wrong if the big light isn’t bright enough for you.

FWIW I upgraded my AA mag light to an LED module from Nite Eyez. It replaces the bulb with 3 LEDs which have about the same light but won’t darken over time and are virtually impossible to burn out or break from shock.

If you want serious bright light then look at some of the Surfire offerings. The only downside is that they use Lithium CR123 cells which can be pricey. I get mine in 12 packs direct from surefire for $1.25 each. If you want an extremely bright pocket size light the K2 is only $34 .

You also might already have a replacement bulb. All my maglights came with a spare bulb wrapped in foam inside the spring in the endcap.

Fishing lures.

I’ll pass that on to the “light of my life.” He shares your fetish. He’s got one of those double-lamp yellow lights for in the garage (for working on cars & stuff). Nice tripod, TONS of light…he’s smitten.

You too?? … here i thought it was just me. :smack:

Goretex, on cycling waterproofs, the rain just gets pushed straight through.

Cycle dynamos/generators, if you need real light to see with, and not just to show other road users you are there, then you need rechargeables, and big ones too, and lots of light power, its not cheap, it is heavy, but dynamos do not give enough power output, slip in the wet, even the very expensive dynamos just don’t cut it.

Motorcycle visor demister treatments, none of them work, the only thing that genuinely does in nearly all conditions is the laminator layer sold in the UK under the name of ‘Fog City’.

Skunk-scent removers. None of them work. NONE OF THEM. Ask my dog.

Um…that’s okay. You ask him for us. We’ll just stand over here. Upwind.

I held my nose and asked him, and all he said was “woof”.

Seriously. Why not use tomato juice? Big cans of it, enough to fill a bathtub. The only thing I’ve ever heard of to take care of skunk stink.

Tomato juice doesn’t work very well, either. It makes it a little better, but not much.

Nothing works really well on a direct skunk attack.

I’ll take “Out of Context Phrases” for $1000, Alex.

Maybe he should try one of those cordless weed-whackers…
:smiley:

Iron-on clothing repair kits.

In fact, adhesive anything in which the traditional version involves other fastening methods. For example, stick-on picture hooks are asking for trouble.

I love our cordless Black and Decker weedwhacker. However, we have a very small yard and I am pretty lazy, so the longest I have whacked is about a half hour. I have never whacked twice ina short period, so it always recharges for me. Oh, by the way, if you think “whacked” is funny, try the British term. They call it a Strimmer, apparently.

I have also had good luck with drain cleaners for partial to complete blockages in the tub.