Lies my Realtor told me.

I saw an ad for a house in the same area my husband used to deliver (same competitive suburb); the listing had a nicely-done line drawing showing a large house, nice lawn, door to one side. Turns out that to see this view of the house, you’d have had to tear down the neighboring house and stand in the middle of where that used to be - the house was built on a lot with a narrow frontage, and the picture showed a side view with the back (side) door pictured, rather than what the actual front looked like. Many houses in that suburb were tear-downs and built-up tract mansions that filled most of a lot, so something with that broad of a front would have been highly desireable.

Not every real estate agent is a Realtor®, a registered trademark created and owned by the National Association of Realtors.

When is a real estate agent a REALTOR®?

When I sold my house I stuck around because the house had a flaw I wanted to make sure buyers knew about before making offers. I must have had over a hundred realtors tramp through the property.

I’ve never heard such a pack of lies in my life.

“The house has a finished basement.”

Only if you consider finished a concrete hole with no windows.

“The house is a quick commute to mid-town Manhattan.”

Only if you consider quick an hour by two buses.

The house was built in 1985 and has all new windows.

1978 and the only new window is the one we replaced in the living room.

“The schools are excellent.”

We postponed childbearing because I wouldn’t send my worse enemy there. I subbed in the local Junior High and saw kids throwing books out the window.

It’s a nice quiet neighborhood with great people.

You mean the ones who fix their driveway at midnight or the ones who hold parties with music so loud I can hear it in my shower half a block away?

I spent three months torn between laughter and disgust.

We just bought a small farm off.

The place is just down the road from my guys folks and we knew the whole story of it. Including that it was going to be going up on forclosure auction. We called the listing agent for a showing. She spent the whole time telling us that the place was NOT going up for auction the next week. We decided to make a really low ball offer so we could avoid having to do the whole auction thing. When we called her with the offer she laughed and said she wouldn’t even bother calling the sellers with it.

The offer we made was for about 60K less than the asking price. When we were done at the auction we ended up getting it for 100K less than the asking price.

We cartwheeled out of the courthouse.
Barrels- The Farmer!