"Life-changing announcement" {husband has melanoma, which has spread}

Very sorry to hear about your husband. My husband was diagnosed with Stage IV Melanoma in January. The tumors were spread throughout his body. He is currently in a clinical trial at UCSF that is working wonders. Contact Dr. Daud or Dr. Algazi at UCSF about this and other trials for Melanoma. Stanford is also conducting trials.

If he can’t get on a trial, then Ipilimumab (which I think has been officially renamed Veroy) was given FDA approval in the past couple of months. It has been shown to be much more effective than anything else that was available.
All very best wishes,

Jan

Thanks for the helpful info, Jan. I’m gonna check out UCSF right away.

On a slightly different note, I now have shingles. Due to stress, I imagine. When it rains…

I’m very sorry about your husband. For a database of all ongoing clinical trials in the US for various health problems, check out clinicaltrials.gov - you can search by diagnosis and geographical area.

Make positive ways. I survived a melanoma that had not spread. Statistically, a positive attitude of the people around you assists cancer recovery, and I attribute that to mine.