Life, Death, and Exile (SDMB stats, extremely long)

Says the man whose area of expertise is EVERYTHING :mad:

As much as I do appreciate you saying so, I have to say this isn’t even close to being true :slight_smile:

There’s lots of things I might know quite a bit about, but would hardly consider myself expert on, and plenty of things I know little or even nothing about. I leave those to the real experts in those areas out there!

First, the average daily registrations in 2004, through July 4. It appears that the registration rate has been fairly flat since the middle of May. I will not hazard to guess the reason why, nor speculate whether this is a reversal of the overall decline that began in early 2003.

Next, the estimated number of posts and threads per day, through the early part of July. The last point of the postings chart shows a fairly sharp drop in traffic, which I believe can be attributed to the U.S. Independence holiday weekend. Due to differences in sampling intervals, the threads chart is delayed by a few days and does not show this dip.

As of July 1, there were 47020 members, and the Forum Leaders view showed 3952 subscribers. The monthly registration chart is also updated. A total of 63 members subscribed between June 5 and July 1; out of these, 38 registered prior to 2004. From the members who registered in June, 17 subscribed; interestingly enough, nearly half (8) of these subscribers registered between June 22 and June 28. Will this pattern continue in July?

Wow, impressive stuff. I don’t read the SD so much any more, so missed this earlier. Must have a decent look.

Since you’ve put so much work in, it makes sense to honour it by trying to take it further. You’ve covered all the serious stuff so I might try to have a look at your parameter and/or model error if I get the time. Let’s get us some ranges, or even confidence intervals, around these beauties!

Nice one

pan