Little Miss Sunshine revisited (SPOILERS)

I thought it was really obvious the guy with the earpiece was a dad. He’d clearly been to a boatload of these things, so I’m sure he knew that the crowd was likely to laugh (or boo) Olive off the stage. By jumping into the stunned silence with hooting and clapping, he headed that off. That’s a daddy’s behavior, through and through.

Overall, I thought the movie captured a family dynamic pretty well. That whole “I can badmouth my family all I want, but Og help the outsider who says anything at all negative about them” thing, you know.

I saw this movie twice in the theater and I got the impression that Miss California was at first dumbfounded and then disgusted with Olive’s dance routine. I’m glad that Olive kept on dancing in spite of the pageant director trying to throw her off the stage. All these bits everyone is recalling are funny, but my favorite is when Steve Carell and Greg Kinnear leap onto the stage and start dancing. When Dwayne (can’t remember actor’s name) leaps up as well and starts gyrating, I just lost it. It’s nice to see dysfunctional families support each other this much.

I don’t know…it sured looked to me like Miss California was a grinning fool the whole time.

And I have to agree on the Steve Carrell hotness thing…and I thought it was just me!

Saw it last night. I liked it, but I wouldn’t give it an “8”, which is what it’s getting on IMDB. It had a superficial resmeblance to Family Vacation, but it was a completely different movie for me. Much more situational type comedy than slapstick, over the top stuff.

Miss (“I love ice cream!”) California is clearly grinning & bopping her head & maybe snapping her fingers & dancing in her seat. Hell, I almost expected her to jump up on stage & dance with the family!

I saw this Thursday. The first thing I asked my Dad, who suggested it, was “Are you sure it’s supposed to be a comedy?” The last movie that left me puzzled about the genre people insist a movie belongs to was Punch Drunk Love. Both of these movies feel like dramas to me, not comedies.

There were a couple of funny scenes in LMS, but then again, I write the occasional humorous scene into my horror stories too, so a couple of laughs doesn’t neccessarily make a movie a comedy in my book.

It wasn’t a bad movie, but I honestly don’t understand why so many people loved it. I’d give it a 5 on a ten point scale.

Just rented this and watched it last night. Overall I thought it was OK, some funny parts, a little goofy. My only question is, why did the cop pull them over in the first place?

Because of the horn honking.