Logan's Run: a realization (movie spoilers)

Huh. Looks like it’s similar to the comic book Prez.

So he was/is a Dallas-Fort Worth resident?

I’m surprised this isn’t getting more discussion in this thread: The governing intelligence of the City was so unstable that simply telling it “There is no Sanctuary” was sufficient to cause its collapse! Does no one else find this remarkable, incredible? At least a major plot flaw?

Silly, don’t you know that in the movies, when something is blown up it disappears? That’s how a fighter pilot can blow up an enemy aircraft and fly through the harmless cloud of smoke it turned into. :wink:

Feh. 70s computers. It probably couldn’t even multitask…if someone had raised the wrong hand at it to identify themselves, it probably would have blown up the entire city. (Moreso)

Not familiar with that one. Wild in the Streets is good fun though. A truly stupid, campy movie with some hilariously bad dialogue (including one of my favorite bad lines ever), but surprisingly well-made and acted.

Yup! He was at the time employed as a night watchman, I think at the same mall where the City scenes were shot. Since he worked nights and slept days he was one of the few untanned 20-something locals. So when they needed pale young people to play the inhabitants of the underground City, he fit the bill.

It was a sixties hippie comic about the first teenage U.S. President.

Aren’t you going to share?

I’m not sharing my favorite – you have to see it. :cool: It comes when the gang is hanging out by the pool…can’t miss it.

However, I will post these gems, which may or may not be intentionally bad:

“America’s greatest contribution has been to teach the world that getting old is a drag.”

“Thirty’s death, man. When you’re thirty, the only thing that can get you high is sending guys to kill other guys.”

WILD IN THE STREETS was kinda a staple of late-night TV movies in the early 1970s. A video rental place had it about a decade ago but sold it before I had a chance to rent it (or buy it), same place did the same thing with their copy of JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN (fortunately I did see that before it was gone).

I want my Over-30 Re-education Camp with Acid in the Water Coolers!

Lets hope Old Man Ustinov had seperate dishes G

Why did I not use ;j ?

“No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.”
– U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 1

In the alternate future of Prez, they must’ve amended the Constitution.

If Logan’s Run was filmed in 1976, and your uncle was in it, and he’s still alive, that means … YOUR UNCLE IS A RUNNER!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

They did in Wild in the Streets.

But first they had to loosen up Congress by lacing the water supply of Washington, D.C. with LSD!

No silly, it means he survived the collapse of the City! They didn’t all die! He’s living proof that some of the City’s inhabitants didn’t perish in the hostile outside world…of, uh, the Dallas/Ft. Worth metropolitan area.

Well, it can be pretty bad when you’re out of the air conditioning.

It was an alternat present, IIRC, and yes, the storyline did account for amending the Constitution.

A present where they spell “alternate” without the silent “e,” obviously…

:smack: