Long flight. No power outlet. How do you pass the time?

No power outlets ye Gods! You might have to read or something! My condolences, I know it’s going to be tough, but I think you’ve got the fortitude for this mission. You can get the new hot Bourne Vinci and the Children of the Phoenix, read it cover to cover in the time you’re flying and still have an hour for a nice refreshing nap!

If that doesn’t work, bake some pot cookies but make sure you either eat them all or toss them out in the lavatory before you get off the plane.

And of course I meant “Mister Roberts”, the WW2 flick starring Henry Fonda.

I’m pretty sure that Mister Rogers never got all liquored up courtesy of a bevy of flight attendants.

Although that’d make a long flight funnier than hell.

:mad: I spent 12 hours on a plane from Amsterdam and got to see some movie about a white lady who rescues black kids from the inner city. Praise be to the white savior! But it cost $5 for their proprietary headphones, so instead I read. Fucking United Airlines.

My flight three years earlier on Delta let me watch Cheaper by the Dozen and Stuck on You.

You really don’t realize how abysmal American air travel really is.

I agree. If you can get a flight attendant talking ask them to tell you some stories of passengers they have had. You could laugh your way all the way across the Pacific. One thing I have said that breaks the ice, is after the food service, if you are in the galley, tell them you would like to complement them on serving dinner to 250 of their closest personal friends. :smiley:
Many times just shooting the shit like this is good for a bottle of champagne, or wine.

I suggest creating a large battery pack wrapped in black electrical tape with random, unnecessary wires protruding from it. And maybe even a small digital timer attached to it so you can tell how much time you have left before the batteries run out.

You could also see if your local craft store has something like this. Works great and difficult to hurt someone with without a considerable amount of momentum behind it.

I just giggled myself silly at the mental image of Osama the Terrorist threatening the board crew with a wooden knitting needle, a set of plastic blunt-tipped embroidery scissors, a 0ne-inch nailclipper and a toothpick: “Turn zis plane around, or <brings nailclipper closer to the stewardess’ neck> this infidel gets it!”

Steve Wozniak gets onto planes with his metal business cards. If you want to hijack a plane just make some metal business cards.

Are these mutually exclusive?

That said, I thought the same smartypants answer, but got to the thread too late. Some of us are old enough to have been on many flights sans electronic devices. Surprisingly, we survived (personally, I think they just drugged the airline food. Must’ve, as it couldn’t taste that nasty on its own. Now that one is lucky to get a 1/2 bag of stale, non-nut-containing snack mix for every 24 hours flown along with water left over from cooling the engines, less options to slip in the drugs)

While I believe that may be totally legal to bring on a US based aircraft you may want to check if that’s the case in your country.