Long legs/Short body

Just the opposite, I’m “long waisted.” 5’10" tall, 30" inseam. Nearly impossible to find pants that fit correctly without having to visit the tailor.

Thanks Eleusis, that makes more sense. I guess that’s why it’s called the inseam, after all :smack:

Lobelia Overhill
My hips are below my armpits, unless I’m trying to touch the floor, in which case my hips are above my armpits. Where did you think they’d be?
kip70
Yes, I can touch my toes, but my arms are also disproportionately long (though not as out of balance as my legs are), but only barely. There have, though, been times in yoga classes where I haven’t been able to do poses and I have thought it had more to do with the length of my legs than with my flexibility.

I don’t know my aunt’s inseam measurement, but she’s very, very short-waisted, and she pretty much has no midriff at all. Her ribs sit about 2" above her hips.

I’ve almost always attended churches where women were ordained and could be pastors. (Evangelical Covenant growing up, where the potentially church splitting discussion happened when I was two, and Presbyterian now). So I missed the discussion.

Do you have any idea of how upsetting this issue will be in your church? I know it was voted on by the congregation, but how long ago was that vote? Has the congregation changed since then?

(and I know you’ve probably read many of them, but another argument for women in ministry)

As well as getting in the way in yoga, the legs also interfere with my ability to put the right reply in the right thread. :smack:

If the question you’re asking is closer to what Crazy Cat Lady described, I have a very short torso.

Off the rack “tailored” shirts and dresses look slovenly on me because there are a few extra inches (in length) of material than I have between my shoulders and hips, so it bunches around my waistline, adding bulk and wrinkles. Clothing with boning (dresses, longline bras, other VS items) simply will not work because the bones are too long, and there simply isn’t enough space for them. They end up folding over at the top, folding over at the bottom, or doing this weird buckling thing in the middle and poking out.

5’8"; 34" inseam.

Standing, with my legs straight, I can lay my forearms flat on the ground in front of my toes if I’m warm. I have longish arms - perhaps this accounts?

I’ve never been asked about the measurement between my armpit and hips. Somehow it never came up in everyday conversation. I just measured it–15". I guess that is short.

Did I mention I have a 24" waist? Try finding 24/34 pants! Like other long legged people, I buy 32/32 and let them sit on my hips.

I’m not sure of my measurements, but I also have long arms and legs and a short torso. When I’m sitting down, I feel so short!

Despite the fact that I’m about 5’7", I often wear a petite dress as long as it has short (or no) sleeves. On the other hand, I rarely wear a button-down shirt with long sleeves because the sleeves are always too short.