Long, tall, Texan?

Eh, maybe that’s what Mrs. Nott meant about acting tall. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a dating/social group called Tall Texans …

http://www.talltexans.org/

but it appears this is part of a larger, international orgnization.

I got nothing.

Ask and ye shall receive. I guess if you defend yourself from insult you’re wrong. Then again you’re also wrong if you bite your lip and let it go. Sounds to me like just being from Texas is enough for some folks to not like you. Seems like I heard somebody in another thread say that he just hated Texas and Texans as well. Hmm, now isn’t that open minded. Reckon I’ll let y’all have it for now. I’m gonna catch a couple hours shut eye if I can. ~later

You do know I was just joshin’ you, right? About the barbeque? I’ve found Texans, in general, to be pretty good at giving and getting a joshin’. In fact, I suspect it to be a regional sport. :wink:
Honestly, the 'Q ain’t that bad.

Why hell yeah… m/g at least I figured it that way. Even though I see you still got another dig in…rat bastard :D.

It might’ve had something to do with comments like this. Seems like a lot of 'em floatin around these days.

This is the link for the above quote. It is sweeping generalizations like the one above which sadden me. It is IMHO the reason the world is in the shape that it is in. “I hate (fill in space)…and everyone in it.” I try to not add to this growing trend even when joking. Not everyone gets it and it does hurt some folks when they see it. Which in turn cause some of them to retaliate or return the hate. etc.

Now maybe he was joking? Maybe not…there’s no way to tell and I’ll hold no resentments either way. But to leave it hanging out there implies approval. Not smart IMHO either. Now there’s an even greater tendency to “hate Americans”. ALL Americans? WTF kind of intelligent belief is that? Rascism, bigotry, and sexist ideas should be ancient history by now. Sadly they are not and I’m afraid they never will be.
‘til then…bring yo ass to Tejas and I’ll grill ya up something that’ll change your mind w/ muchas cervesas y tequilas. es bueno, si’ ?
no joke you’re welcome anytime. :slight_smile:

I believe the Peggy Hill character from King of the Hill is supposed to be orginally from Montana, rendering her foot size moot.

and that’s just the thing isn’t it? We’re (all/mostly) from somewhere else ultimately. My ancestry (father’s side) goes back to Irish/Scots. Not really a tall bunch O’folks generally speaking. So what nationality has the tallest population? AND what is the general ancestry of the people where you live?