Sorry, Kaylasdad. Like I said, I ignored some stuff I shouldn’t have talking to these two-a-nickel revolutionaries. Bet The Man is quaking in his boots, knowing these bad asses are on the move.
Maybe I read you wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that you think I was in favor of lobotomizing “trannys” (I always thought that meant transmissions, like a Hurst Tranny on a GTO, but hey…)
Not a bit of it, and I really should have cleared that up sooner. I was referring to lobotomy as a failed technique, something that seemed good at the time, but ultimately…not so much. Nowadays, we just trank 'em till they drool, but at least that can be reversed. Not saying I blame them, mind you, best of intentions, and all that. Similar to Freudian psychotherapy, oodles and gobs of learned papers, academic studies. Nowadays, start talking Id and Ego, people wonder what crypt you crawled out of. Goddess alone knows how many poor schmucks talked themselves silly about their potty training and never felt any better. (In high school, I had some therapy, and all he did was ask be embarassing questions until the weren’t embarassing any more. God bless him, Mr. Weinstein! He also wrote a letter to my draft board and suggested that giving me a gun was not the best idea…)
And recovered memories, for another. Now we realise, a total crock. So, who’s to say this surgery isn’t another of these? Not me, surely. Given the cites above, I am somewhat reassured on this, but not wholly convinced. If it works, and gives relief, great! But if it doesn’t, there’s a heckuva price to pay. Not convinced. Maybe stubborn, maybe cautious, hell, I don’t know, you’ll have to ask the snot-nose punks who know my mind better than I do. And need we even mention the wonder-drug, thalidomide?
Just sayin’, it wouldn’t be the first time.
Does that answer?