Making Out: Prelude or Self-Contained Act?

Female in a LTR for the last 5 years. Kissing is foreplay only 99% of the time. There’s never been a time in my life longer than a couple weeks where all I did was ‘fool around’ with a guy. Once we’re making out, I want to do everything else ASAP.

I get ‘blue balls’ if I get really turned on (which kissing does for me, quickly) and it doesn’t culminate in an orgasm in due time. My vulva feels all sore, and I get very grumpy.

I’m reading the poll options to mean that making out and sex could NEVER go together, so that you might snog on the couch for half an hour one day, but when it’s time for sex it’s roll over and stick it in. That just seems really weird to me, although I guess for some people it works. I don’t understand why there isn’t a “sometimes” option, which has been the case for me and my partner in every relationship I’ve ever been in.

I didn’t vote because I agree with tdn, both have equal value.

Female, for me it can be either/or. Couldn’t vote, as there was no option for that.

That said, I do have a high correlation in that, if I kiss a guy, chances are sometime, someday, eventually, something more will happen. But it doesn’t have to be immediately at the end of that kissing session.

Female. Both. Color me amused.

Female, and it depends. Sometimes I’m just in the mood for one, and other times, it’s a lead up to sex. So…pretty much what everyone is saying.

Dude, if sexual contact of any kind is an option, it’s always worth the bother.

If we only have 15 minutes before he has to leave, damn skippy I’m making out with him.

I agree with the either/or assessment.