Male equivalent of Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian (famous for being famous)?

Bert Convy, RuPaul, George Hamilton, and Fabio were at least employed. Whatever talent they may or may not have, they have or had regular gigs. Kato is closer, but didn’t maintain his “fame,” only his name as a punchline. Rob Kardashian is more like it, because he has been on those shows for years, getting paid for doing nothing.

I think MoodIndigo1 is looking for a modern analog to Porfirio Rubirosa.

If you allow that Hilton’s famous for being a Hilton, we can throw in Chaz Bono, who’s modestly famous for his parents. And there’s Hilton’s alter-ego, Perez Hilton. Tom Arnold was mostly famous for dating Roseanne, before he had a modest career of his own. I don’t know how you’d make the call on Robin Leach - he got the gig on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous for being famous, but I have no idea for what; I’d heard of him before that but can’t recall why.

Would Bo Dietl count? Arby’s shill.

For my money, people like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, and the rest of the clowns at Fox News, are in the category.

And all these people who have blogs or daily tattle-tale postings at Yahoo! and the like.

Perez Hilton?

True (in fact he produced the Kardashian show). But as I noted, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian also have “jobs”.

Carson Daly was an MTV veejay in their waning days of actually playing music, and Leif Garrett was a late 1970s teen idol best known for a poster of him wearing VERY tight white pants (and he was about 16 years old) and releasing an album of covers of early 60s songs.

Damn, someone always beats me to it! This was my first thought when I saw the thread title.

The first two that came to mind were Kevin Federline and…that blond idiot with the flesh-colored beard that was married to that vapid woman who got all that plastic surgery and was on some reality show about kids from the OC or something.

Seacrest practically owns Hollywood, let me go check what he’s been up to:
Hosts American Idol, but we know that.
Hosts American Top 40, in place of Casey Kasem
Produces E! News
Produces(ed?) Keeping up with the Kardashians
Produces Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution

Acts in/Hosts/produces a ton of other stuff. He’s been called the busiest man in Hollywood…so have other people, but he’s not slacking off over there.

Good tan? He was in some movie and one of the other characters (that was dating him) said “He’s practically orange”.

This is who I was going to suggest. He was famous for coming from a famous family and being handsome.

Perez Hilton is famous for having a popular celebrity gossip website. That is not, IMHO, a terribly impressive accomplishment, but it is more impressive than just being born into a prominent family like Paris Hilton.

Hanoi Hilton

Cue obligatory Robot Chicken/The Hills clip.

I have never watched an episode, but wouldn’t any of the “stars” of The Bachelor fit the bill of being famous simply because, well, they are pretty and rich and on that stupid show?

If Rush Limbaugh was truly famous for doing nothing, then how come left wingers have never succeeded in establishing an alternative, despite spending millions and about a dozen rivals, such as Jim Hightower and Mario Cuomo. The man truly has talent on loan from God.

George Hamilton, who turned a date with one of LBJ’s daughters into a career.

Or, y’know, the other guy.

Bruce Wayne

Isn’t this pretty much all we ever hear about the Kennedys? And technically, the British royal family are famous for being the British royal family? Liz is the only one working…

Spencer Pratt. He’s the only one I could think of for this thread.

Now I want to see a reality show with him and George Hamilton.