Man arrested for overdue videotape

Me and PSXer, the true historians.

I’ve got one too…AND tapes…and I used it recently…don’t make me break out the beta max to prove my street cred :slight_smile:

Be kind, rewind! Or else!

Same here. We had a VCR/DVD burner but it died in a hurricane before we got around to transferring all those tapes.

I currently have two working VCR’s all hooked up and ready to use on my main TV and bedroom TV, as well as several more in various conditions laying around the basement.

I don’t see anything in the OP about the officers who arrested him, just anger at the system. It’s ridiculous that a bench warrant was even issued for this, instead of going to collections. It’s ridiculous that they don’t get flushed.

And apparently, the priority of North Carolina lawmakers is harassing trans people and preventing people in cities from voting to raise their own wages is far more important than getting their system up to date.

Heck, when I first saw this, I said “Of course, it’s North Carolina.” Seems it and South Carolina got flipped at some point.

The good side is that it got Tom Green some publicity. He offered to pay the fine if they imposed it. They didn’t.

I once had a client, obviously under the effects of some interesting drugs, run off with $8.00 (retail) worth of merchandise. She was looking for her cash/cc in her purse, became frustrated when she couldn’t find it, then ran out the door with the item.

It was weird. I called the PA State Police and they responded swiftly. We knew her name and address from previous business. The cop pulled her driver’s license picture up on his screen and we verified her identity. He recognized her from numerous prior problems. He encouraged me to persue the matter.

When the case came to court, I missed a half day and paid two employees for the time they missed in order to testify. The woman represented herself. She cleaned up nicely. Her defense was that we were all mistaken. She was found guilty. She called me a lying moutherfucker in court!

So, the item she took cost me $4.75. Time lost from work for me and two employees cost me around $475.00. Sometimes it’s worth it, though.

Damn right. Not everyone gets to be called a lying moutherfucker in court. You are blessed and lead a charmed life.

Truly a National Treasure.

Was she still under oath?

Well, it is hard to find a good DVD or Blue Ray rewinder these days…

Hi! I recently started Tumblr so I don

:stuck_out_tongue:

More Lawlessness
Julian Edelman still hasn’t returned the video game he rented in 2004.

Fucking cheater Patriots!!

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/03/28/photo-julian-edelman-overdue-blockbuster-video-game-2004

An offense I could have supported the death penalty for.

Two for one every Wednesday!

Large adult entertainment section in the back!

But the Red Sox reached a settlement with the store in Winter Haven, FL for Oil Can Boyd’s X-rated video rentals, in the infamous “The Can’s Film Festival” incident.