man coughs up perfect cast of bronchial tree

I could never work in the medical field. I don’t think I’d ever get used to those things. I respect anyone who does though.

I collect old medical books, and once had a book with pictures that were even grosser than anything in dermatology, and that’s why I don’t have it any more. I’ll spoiler the title because it could potentially trigger some people.

[spoiler]It was from the 1940s and was titled “Fetal And Neonatal Death.” Most of the pictures were from miscarriages and the deformities seemed unique, but others were of term infants. Before I went back to school, I worked with an elderly woman who had had a second-trimester miscarriage many years before, and the fetus was so perfect, they wanted to put him on display at a medical school. Some people were totally grossed out at the idea, but I thought it was wonderful that she could turn this sad event into something positive, especially because they probably don’t get very many perfect-looking babies from miscarriages.

I have another book, even older than that, titled “Extrauterine Pregnancy” and it’s not that gross.[/spoiler]

Jeez! I’ll say…I was gaping when I read the part where the poor fellow had a pacemaker and a VAD installed. :frowning:

Mine were sea green and didn’t go beyond the first branching. My solution topped eating a bullet: regular flu and pneumonia shots. Less messy.

Seriously! Not only is it expensive, it’s 100% fatal!

So THAT’S where the White House got the idea for this year’s decorations!

I can’t tell if that’s the collest or the most disgusting thing I’ve seen all day. Maybe both.

Thank you for sharing that.
It was informative, intriguing, fascinating even.

and it should serve as nightmare fodder for the next several days, possibly weeks.

Let me get out my list of links I never plan on clicking.

Okay, there’s goatse, two girls one cup, pimple popping.

Add man coughs up perfect cast of bronchial tree to the list.

Alright, I’m done here.

So this guy’s cast, and plastic bronchitis, aren’t the same type of lung cast.

I’ve now learned more in the past few days about a topic (lung casts) that I didn’t know existed before. And that I somewhat wish I could forget.

EmilyG, just be thankful you found out about them here, and not from personal experience.

“Nobody we know, that’s for sure.”

The Boys in the Band

Blue waffle.
Definitely, that needs to go on your list.