Man found in apartment 20 years after death

That sounds eerily familiar to an episode of CSI: Vegas.

At least he wasn’t admired as a beautiful work of art. Look halfway down the page.

Talk about yer small world. I met Alicia A. Caldwell in an airport one night when we were all snowed in. Good solid reporter. Fetching, too. :smiley: :smiley:

What???

As for the O.P., it’s the squatting thing that makes me believe it all. He moved in when the building was in a fuzzy legal position, and it stood untouched for two decades. The fact that his children didn’t look is to me just so very sad.

There’s estranged, then there’s " is Daddy alive?? ".

Cartooniverse

The Premature Burial by Edgar Allen Poe came to mind. Surely a nightmarish way to perish.

( full original text, but this is in public domain and so I feel comfortable with this link. Mods, if it’s still uncool to fully link text like that, remove the link? But, it’s from 1850 and I am guessing it’s safe )

There’s a documentary about people who die alone (from the coroners’ point of view, I thnk) making the rounds on cable. It’s A Certain Kind of Death, and I watched about one minute before changing the channel. The first shot was a guy who’d died on his toilet, with the coroner estimating death by the infestation of maggots on his body. Yuck.

Some more choice selections from this article:

Set up automatic payments from your bank account. If your SS is automatically deposited you could go a very long time.

Heh. I do have automatic payments for the mortgage, and the taxes are included in the payment. :wink:

How very sad. :frowning: