Manifest (new NBC paranormal series)

I find the lead actress so annoying that I honestly don’t think that I can sit through another episode.

Rather a shocking climax to Ep 2.

…someone very close to me was eligible for a potentially life-saving medical trial but got put in the control group instead. :frowning: Its just the way it works…and is just as heartbreaking in real life.

The police officer whose fiance married her best friend? I’m not particularly fond of her either; however, that unpleasantness appears to be part of the plot.

He didn’t. Some woman recorded the “break in” and sent it to the police.

OTOH, he is gonna get off scot free unless she has learned to do what every cops learns- think of Probable Cause. Yes, lie. “I heard some voices calling for help, the dogs were acting weird and led me there, and I heard muffled crying”.

Who can refute her?

Otherwise it was a totally illegal search.

Yes, clearly I missed that. One of the drawbacks of doing handwork while ‘watching’ television.

Hmm. Yeah, they throw out physical evidence found by illegal searches, but what she found was the kidnapped girls, alive. Surely the kids can testify as to what happened to them and who did it?

If they search your home without a warrant or probable cause and find a 55 gallon drum of meth they may not be able to use the evidence against you, but you’re not getting it back with an apology.

YES. I had that same thought while watching the last episode. I’ll be happy if the show starts focusing more on other characters.

For me, it’s definitely the actress. I actually don’t find the character annoying: she’s responding very human-ly (i.e., she isn’t perfect), and also we know she went through some kind of trauma shortly before the flight (someone died? maybe in a car accident?). The actress, though, bugs me.

I just wish she’d pluck her eyebrows some.

I also noticed the eyebrows. :smiley:

I thought we weren’t supposed to comment on the looks of a woman if it’s not germane to the topic?

:confused:

I don’t remember seeing/hearing about such a rule (and I would remember, because I’d never agree to it)…

Her job was in jeopardy because she was picked up for a DUI shortly before the incident, and the issue hadn’t been resolved at the time.

That’s not what happened:

So it was resolved, and she was officially exonerated, but still feels guilty. Her job is no longer in jeopardy since she was cleared for active detective work and resumed her duties.

I’m not sure it can be successfully argued that a lead character’s appearance isn’t germane to a discussion of a tv show.

The merits of the show depend on the lead character’s eyebrow appearance? Ok, sure.

Who said depended on? Did they change the definition of “germane” while I wasn’t looking?

I’m saying character appearance is relevant in a discussion of a tv show. Full stop.

Did I hear in the episode she got posthumously promoted to detective? How would that work? I assume she had already taken the exam/whatever before the flight, but still…

Ok, sure.

I sure hope they show more of that hot woman doctor! She’s fantastically hot! I hope she is in different stages of undress in the next few episodes. It will make the show so much better! She should really try to emphasize her breasts more, to really draw in the male viewers.

:rolleyes:

You weren’t the only ones to notice, from The Ringer