MAY we have a new Mini-Rants thread now?

Waze is (generally) pretty good about letting you know if there’s something that can slow you down, but it depends on users adding the information in. You might try it if it’s available for Apple.

Just FYI, Waze = Google Maps. Google bought Waze, and all the info from Waze is in Google Maps. That happened almost a decade ago.

So, Waze isn’t an alternative if you are unhappy with the data that Google Maps is providing. They are the same data. Waze is fine if you prefer its UI over Google Maps, though.

I figured I would start a new mini-rants thread, since for once I actually have something to rant about. It’s a bit early, though I know it’s already June in some parts of the world.

Great title!

Ferrets are most definitely NOT rodents! They are carnivores.

When I was in my early thirties, working as a sales rep in New York, my father had a serious heart attack while visiting my sister in San Diego.

I found out in the early morning hours. I went into work and told my boss, the owner of the company I worked for.

He said “Why are you here? You need to be with your family. Call Ruth (the company travel agent), book a flight that leaves today and a hotel. Tell her to put on the company account. Then go home and pack. Give me a list of your appointments and someone will cover them.”

Which I did, and I was with my family as dad went through his open heart surgery and early recovery. I was out 10 days, IIRC.

I wouldn’t have made that decision, which was the right one, on my own. I figured they had my sister for help and, I think on some level, I thought if I acted like everything was normal, that it was no big deal, then it wouldn’t be a big deal. Even though it was. And I think he recognized that I was sort of stunned and on autopilot and unable to make the decisions I needed to make - hence the detailed instructions.

I posted the above in the wrong thread, that’s why it feels like a non-sequiter. I’ve reposted in the correct thread, so ignore it.

I am NOT a morning person.

they look and smell like a rodent so I really don’t care if I mis-classified them. I don’t want to be anywhere near one,.