Meaning of tattoo- three dots on hand

Three dots in a triangle shape is also used by Blood gang members. Its often referred to as a dog paw. I can’t remember what all three dots mean. I think its “My Set (chapter of the gang), My Oath and My Burden”. Usually located where you described it but may also be elsewhere.

Just watched an episode of “Gangland” on SpikeTV, and this tattoo was mentioned.

Two parallel bars, with three dots above is a symbol of the number 13, and this is used to represent the letter M.

The M is for Mexican Mafia.
~VOW

That symbol (two ‘5’ lines and three ‘1’ dots in a row next to those) is the Mayan glyph for 13.

That would be two bars with three dots *above *them. Like this:

__
__

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayan_numbers

An old homeless guy who had that 3-dot tattoo told me it meant “I spit on cops”. Yeah, I know, why 3 dots and not 4. Unfortunately, our acquaintanceship did not last long enough for me to explore that line of inquiry.

They’re found both horizontally and vertically arranged. Not that it’s really important, but.

I love reading a zombie thread, unaware that it’s a zombie, and thinking “hey, I know the answer to this.” And then you catch up to a post you made a decade ago. Wheeeee!

3 dots in a triangle could also indicate that the person is a mathematician.

I was told it meant KKK.

Remind me not to get this tattoo… just sayin.

You could get a reminder tattooed on you, so you wouldn’t need us to remind you.

Yeah, like three dots.

This. Seems like I had a logic class once that used this.

Retrieved from “Criminal tattoo - Wikipedia

A tattoo of three dots in a triangle, usually found on the skin between the thumb and forefinger, stands for “mi vida loca” (“my crazy life”). Along with the pachuco cross, it is a popular “generic” tattoo among Hispanic teenagers. It is sometimes worn as a Sureño (gang) symbol, as a tattoo between thumb and forefinger is believed to be harder to remove (Norteños, an opposing gang, use 4 dots). Often, though, teenagers will wear it just as a matter of style, with no gang involvement whatsoever. The tattoo has also been taken up by Vietnamese teenagers, along with the similar interpretation of “toi khong can gica” (“I don’t need anything”).

This is also popular in German prisons among current and former convicts as a symbol of their time done behind bars. Generally it implicates the person does not know or has not seen or heard anything and has therefore no information for the police. This tattoo also usually appears on the skin between the thumb and forefinger.

The three dots in a triangle are also used as a protective symbol for hobos, sailors, and convicts, known as “hobo dots.” Among sailors it’s a traditionall tattoo to get on their first voyage.

The three dots in a triangle are also used widely in the southeast region of Turkey as a symbol of being one of the tribesmen. The three dot symbol is known as “Gormem, Duymam, Soylemem” meaning that “I hear nothing, I see nothing and I tell nothing”. Bearing this mark is an oath to the person’s own society, and requires great responsibility such as being willing to sacrifice himself in favor of the society.

No, that’s holding your pants up with three fingers showing.

The three dots in a triangle are also used widely in the southeast region of Turkey as a symbol of being one of the tribesmen. The three dot symbol is known as “Gormem, Duymam, Soylemem” meaning that “I hear nothing, I see nothing and I tell nothing”. Bearing this mark is an oath to the person’s own society, and requires great responsibility such as being willing to sacrifice himself in favor of the society.

That would make an awsome band name.

They are an uncommon but known prison tattoo here is Aus.

Each dot represents a different resurrection of the thread. This is currently a 2-dot thread.

i am in the u.k and i have this tattoo i had it done because my ex husband at the time had it done…it wasnt because of a gang thing and i do know he spent alot of his life in and out of prison…:frowning: but he passed away a few months back i never asked him what exactly it means