Medical/chemical question about water/orange juice

This is clearly what the nurse meant by “none of those are water, at least to the human body” IMO. She wasn’t saying the water component was processed any differently, just that processing all that other crap would make a difference to your body, and you would be better off replacing juice, etc. with water.

Maybe the juice identifies as water.

Juice is hydrating, as are tea and coffee. If you need extra calories, maybe juice isn’t too bad, but it does have a lot of sugar. Anyway, the nurse is just wrong.

I drink maybe one cup of just water per day (unless I’m exercising) and I normally get the rest of my liquids from food and black and green tea. I’m fine, my kidneys function normally, my pee is normally colored, etc.

Beckdawrek, stay warm!

I typically make orange juice with frozen concentrate. To properly reconstitute, I must add 3 juice cans of water for each can of concentrate. This means that the resulting juice is 3/4 water at least, probably more, since the concentrate is not 100% juice.

So for every 8 oz of OJ, I am getting at least 6 oz of water. If I drink 64 oz of juice, I am getting at least 48 oz of water.

And I get water from other sources as well (pure water, milk, etc.), so reaching 64 oz total water per day isn’t hard, and typical.

I am pissing like a race horse, so hydration isn’t the problem.

Moderating:

Don’t accuse posters of lying outside the pit.

You’ve never gotten someone’s gender wrong in an anecdote when the gender is totally irrelevant? Heck, today i walked out of my office with a friend, and made a comment about the security guard. My friend replied, referring to the guard as “he”. I’m like 95% certain that guard looked like a woman.

But if you think that’s unthinkable, go to the pit to complain. Don’t do it here.

Yes, this. Changing the gender from the OP makes the original question seem sus. I’ve got nothing against gender fluidity (I ID as he, him, his) but it does throw off the OP.

Water in juice is just that, mostly H2O. I was on a weight management plan a few years ago and they wanted me to drink half OJ and half water drinks. Didn’t work for me cuz I don’t like watered down beverages. I love things sweeeet.

Try half unsweetened orange juice and half water/crushed ice.
The water and frozen tongue make it more palatable. I promise.