Meg-hatin'

In the world of TV, “wears glasses” = plain (and/or brainy, in a nerdy kind of way). (And, in the world of TV, plain = ugly.)
Which sets up the inevitable moment of “takes glasses off” = instant makeover.

You know the stereotype about teenagers, particularly teenage girls: no matter what they look like or how they act, they always think of themselves as hideous freaks that no one likes. Even if they’re nice people who are good looking. The joke with Meg is that, despite being a (relatively) nice person who’s good looking (she looks a lot like Lois, who is supposed to be smokin’ hot) she not only perceives herself to be ugly and lame, but is perceived that way by everyone else, too.

[quote]
You mentioned that you like her because she’s the most normal of the Griffins. What are the special gifts she’s displayed? Are there other things you like about her?

[quote]

That I what I like about her. Despite being in the worst family on the planet, she’s reaosnable sane. She’s also no slutty, like Lois apparently was at that age.

Sorry I must have missed this. Details? I know Lois was a little whore.

Likewise.

Bird calls.

I’m not to sure of the exact wording or the episode (someone here will fill in the blanks) but the conversation went something like this:

Chris: And Meg killed so-and-so.
Peter and Lois: [All panicked like] No Chris. That was a dream!

According to Brian, Meg’s real father is named Stan Johnson. (Meg was wearing headphones and did not hear the revelation.)

Glancing at the title, I thought it was Meg Ryan being hated. Hey, it made sense to me.

Oh right. That one was just totally out-of-the-blue that it didn’t have much impact on me. I was thinking, “Huh?” and then they were onto the next joke.

Of course, murdering people apparently isn’t a huge crime in Family Guy. And there’s only a limited continuity between episodes, defined as, “whatever the writers feel like.”

You’re not the only one. What’s sad is I still think it’s about Meg Ryan, even though I’ve read the thread, and I have to preview to remember it’s about Family Guy.