Mental illness in movies. (spoilers likely)

[sidenote] Psychologists can commit you. I had a schizophrenic man committed when I was working with only a BA in psychology. They cannot at this point prescribe medication though.[sidenote]

Anyway, when I read the title, I immediately thought of A Beautiful Mind because of how realistic it was to a friend of mine, who is schizophrenic. He took his boyfriend to the movie so he could understand the people who go around with him.

I also think that Girl, Interrupted is one of the best portrayals of Borderline Personality Disorder that I have seen in a movie. If you have every met someone with this disorder, you would appreciate the frustration of the staff at the hospital.

I think the movies that do not put the mental illness in the forefront many times are the best portrayals. More when you see normal people acting with some little quirks. I have a huge facination with any movies that portray mental illness, although I do think many of them go over the top to show more of a Hollywood point.

You are, unfortunately, wrong.