Michael Crichton Sucks Eggs (Spoilers!)

Felt cheated when I was reading Eaters of the Dead - thought "Hey! This is Beowulf in poor clothing! Although it might be more readable than Beowulf, depending on your fancy. Seeing it through the eyes of the Arab was rather interesting, I guess, but I was expecting a new story, not a retelling of an ancient and classic English tale, so I was disappointed.

Sphere sucked. It was OK until about 1/2 way through, and the cop-out ending plumbs new depths by defing all description of suckitude. Awful, awful book.

Sweet smokin’ Jesus, I forgot all about Disclosure! The man has amassed a staggering body of work. And I don’t mean that in the good way.

Has anyone read his book about Jasper Johns? I was shocked when I saw that on the shelf.

My apologies, Smeghead. I was skimming over the thread looking for comments on the Crichton I had read, and I missed your comment on Prey because it wasn’t bolded. No excuse, Sir. I’ll skim more slowly in the future. Consider yourself un-banned. :wink:

Stephen King’s The Stand did the same thing for me. I put it down and thought, “Sheesh, 1100 pages and a week of my life and I feel dumber than when I started.”