Mick Jagger on "SNL"

Samberg on Lazy Sunday: “two guys rapping about very lame, sensitive stuff.”

That’s what made it funny to me. That it was a rap about the mundane acts of buying junk food and going to a fantasy film aimed at children and specifically NOT about drugs, or killing cops or abusing women, ect.

I think Wiig is extremely talented, but geez so many of her characters were annoying as shit.

Agreed. Beck was amazing, as usual. Arcade Fire was kinda meh but the Foos were fun.

Only skit I enjoyed was the dance contest. Jagger as Tyler the eccentric Idol/Burger King sellout was pretty funny and a contrast between the two (and I loved Armisen as Santana with a fake mustache).

I don’t normally enjoy the show, but I watched this one with some friends and enjoyed it enough. Too bad he can’t sing. It’s always a downer when famous musicians sound like crap live. It’s not like these songs have complicated tunes. Try to hit the notes?

Hands down, “Moves like Jagger” is easily the best Rolling Stones song evar!

Anybody know what was up with their weird dress Wiig wore during the final goodbyes? A designer friend, maybe? My wife and I were making snarky, “she chose that… deliberately?” comments. It must have presented fantastically on the hanger, but it made her look pregnant and was terrible for dancing.

And SportsCenter yesterday had Stephen A Smith commenting on the great imitation of him by Jay Pharoah that apparently got axed from the show. What happened?

Agreed about the dress. It looked weird. Not sure if it was a reference to something.

Some bits always get cut for time after dress rehearsal. Here is the Jay Pharoah bit from dress.

Good overall, but that Tea Party song STUNK. I don’t have an opposing political view, it was just rubbish as a song. I could have lived my whole life (and several of Keith’s) without hearing Mick Jagger sing the name Romney.

I want to like Wiig, and she obviously has some talent, but I didn’t like 90% of her characters (and not even in the entertaining-but-unlikeable sense)

Brian

I like Jay Pharoah, but I’m glad that got cut.

Watching the show now: Jagger is a natural in front of the camera, even when not singing.

Not one of my favorite Stefon skits, but still like the character.

The dance contest was good, but I didn’t much care for Jagger’s Steven Tyler. Maybe I needed to watch American Idol this year to appreciate it.

I liked the Arcade Fire/Jagger number.

Foo Fighters/Jagger was enjoyable. The Foo Fighters have always been a band I WANT to like, but have never done anything to make me like them. I don’t hate them, but I don’t think they’re remarkable in anything I’ve ever seen or heard. I’m sure they’re real broke up about it. :slight_smile:

Loved the blues tune with Jeff Beck. Overall, one of the best episodes musically, for me, in recent memory.

The Californians lost me halfway through. Didn’t even recognize Steve Martin until they thanked him in the end credits.

I hate just about everything Wiig did on the show, but the goodbye scene was sweet. I saw Chris Kattan, Amy Poehler, and Rachael Dratch came back to for it.

Time to give him a MOVIE! :rolleyes:

I have to agree about Kristen Wiig. We are in the minority. But I always thought she was way over-rated. I never saw what people found so funny.

Wait, so both Wiig and Samburg are off the show?

Wow, it will finally be watchable again next season!!!

With Chris Kattan and Will Ferrel from A Night at the Roxbury.

I’m a little late to this thread, but I’m with you. The whole point of the song is that it’s NOT about drugs. Yes, the “chronic” line is there to invoke the typical rap references to marijuana. But then the twist is that they really are just rapping about going to a children’s fantasy movie, eating cupcakes and Red Vines, and drinking Mr. Pibb.

We love the Chronic
WHAT?
–cles of Narnia!

I hadn’t thought of that, but I think you’re right. The song is a big fake-out, leading you to think that it’s about pot, but it’s really about something else.