MilliCal wants to see Avenue Q

Just got home from the show.

1.) a good time was had by all.

2.) the ushers and random people asked us repeatedly if we were aware that this show was not “kid-friendly”, after seeing MilliCal and her friend. We assured them that we were. and that, in fact, coming was their idea.

3.) i sw at least two other 13-year olds (or thereabouts) in the audience. And one girl who could not possibly have been older than 5. I wonder how many times her parents got asked about it. And what she thought of the show.

4.) Since MiliCal and her friend had already heard the songs on their iPods, there were no major surprises. There were two incredibly gay guys sitting in front of us, which added an interesting counterpoint. miliCal’s friend, I found out, has been collecting the “M/M Romances” described in another current thread. (But only the “fuzzy” ones, she says. Non-explicit. Whew. Only it means that she knows explicit ones exist.)

5.) he show was well-done and entertaining. I don’t think the plot of young adult disillusionment was lost on either MiliCal or her friend.

6.) “Gary Coleman” is, indeed, in the show, played by a black woman. There was no “I thought you were dead” line. If they changed any others, I don’t know about it, since I hadn’t seen the show before.

Thread on M/M novels

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=601800&highlight=romance+novels

I don’t remember it, so probably?

MilliCal claims the “I thought you were dead” line was in there. If so, I missed it.