Mini-mart, 7-11, Convenience Store, Gas Station what do you call those places you buy bread & milk?

+1

Same here, but lately “the dépanneur” has been edging it out a bit, even though we’re on the wrong coast.

What? Nobody says “curb market”?

I like this. I’m going to use it from on.

I call it the gas station if they sell gas and if not then the store. If I’m going to 7-11 I say 7-11 because they have slurpees* and I’m letting others know that there is a slurpee opportunity about to happen.
*The only reason I even go to 7-11 is to get a slurpee.

Around here, we have Sheetz, and a couple of other stores that I just call by their names. It’s easier that way.

It used to be Lawson’s. :frowning:

I think the industry wants us to call them “convenient stores.” But they’re “convenience stores” to me.

The place I buy bread and milk type ingestibles is called the super market. The place I buy cigs and Monsters is called the mini-mart. When I lived in Toronto, it was all about the bodegas.

I’m from Philly and yes, we go down to the Wawa for a Ho-Ho or a Ding-Dong.

(You can’t get “arnj wudder-oice” there, though . . .)

I call it the truck stop because if I’m actually going to a place like that to buy food, it’s the middle of the night and the only place open is the truck stop. Otherwise, I say I’m going to Rite Aid or Big Y or Big Bunny - depending on where I’m going.

South African here. I call it a ‘café’; this usage seems to be unique to South Africa (leastways I’ve never heard it anywhere else). We do also have cafés in the normal sense of the word.

Alternatively I’d just call it a KwikSpar since that’s the name of the one I shop at.

Jiffy stores, usually.

When we lived in FL in the mid 80s, there was a chain called Jiffy, so generically, we call them Jiffy stores. If we mean a specific one, we’ll us its actual name, whether WaWa or Sheetz or 7-11.

Shit N Git

I’ve been trying to remember what the mini-mart on base was called. Every base has a BX and Commissary. But there was also a small quik-stop type grocery too.

This was many years ago when I was a kid and dad was in the Air Force. Today they probably have the gas stations with markets in them just like off base.

I usually refer to where I’m going by name (“Goin’ to Paul’s” or “Goin’ to 7-11”), but I guess I’d refer to the lot of them as corner stores.

Dépanneur.

It’s a Quebec thing.

Party store.

I call it “the little store.”

When I was a kid, it was the “pack-a-sack.”

:eek: Pack-a-Sak - I haven’t thought of that word since I was 10. That brought back some memories. :wink:

That’s actually a real store chain.

I normally just say 7-11, because that’s the one we went to when I was a kid. During the last few years, however, I find myself more often calling it a Kwik-E-Mart.