Missing college student, Mollie Tibbetts. Fitbit users, how detailed is the saved data?

Fox News has this story over the Manafort and Cohen news. I wonder if this will actually have an effect on the election. My first instinct was to say “no”, but maybe it will energize Trump’s base.

Arrest warrant with details of the incident. It sounds like he attacked and she died quickly.

Pdf
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/pib/Releases/2018/08-21-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

I suspect that a lot / most men would have relatively little trouble catching and overpowering a lot / most women if they were so inclined. The biological differences between the sexes are significant.

Election Day is what, 11 weeks away? It’ll be interesting to see what effect this has, if any. If President Trump were politically savvy he’d push for some funding legislation for the “Mollie Tibbetts Memorial Wall” along the southern border between now and November.

How did you conclude the “died quickly” part? The arrest warrant says he claimed to have “blocked” his “memory”. I don’t think we have any evidence yet one way or the other to know if it was a quick death or a torturously slow one.

You’re correct, there’s no details yet about Mollie’s death. I assumed if Rivera went into a blackout rage that a beating would be quick & lethal. But, that’s just my speculation. Details won’t come out until the trial

Over on Reddit, some posters found Rivera’s Facebook page. The posters claim his gf is FB friends with Mollie. She may have known him through her. Brooklyn is a very small town.

I don’t FB and can’t verify this information.

I don’t have any evidence one way or the other, but I’ll be quite surprised if it turns out that a rape did not occur during his “blackout rage”.

Governor Kim Reynolds is already on it. 25 people died in Des Moines last year alone, not one by an immigrant, yet there’s no outrage to deport white people from Iowa.

Perhaps it’s got something to do with the fact that we can’t deport non-immigrants?

Without making any comment on her abilities in particular; by definition, half of all runners run slower than the average. Also long distance runners tend towards good endurance, not sprint speed.

You don’t really know Trump, do you?

It could have been that initially she simply considered the guy annoying rather than deadly. When she realized his deadly intentions it was too late.

God damn, he wants to deport everyone?

Well, not everyone. I’m quite confident Donald Trump has no desire to deport me.

That’s not surprising. My daughter has hundreds of “friends” on Facebook and they have friends and they have friends. About 3 degrees deep of friends of friends of friends of my daughter was Mollie Tibbetts. We live in Iowa but it wouldn’t surprise me if most everyone in the country is somehow tied to everyone else by less than 10 degrees of separation.

This case could have easily gone unsolved. LE was at a dead end until they found the neighbor with security cameras.

Mollie was dumped in a cornfield and imho her remains would have been found during the fall harvest. But I’m doubtful they would have solved this case without the security camera footage.

LE got what they need to solve this horrific crime.

Why not? More than one native American has been told to go back to where they came from and Trump’s definition of unconstitutional is “whatever interferes with what I wanna do.”

It was certainly impressive police work. The most famous local case, in Minnesota, was Jacob Wetterling, who took 27 years to find. That case also required the abductor/murderer to lead the police to the body.