Yes, the lines for the musical notes are memorized by
Every Good Boy Does Fine and FACE
However, that only applies to the treble clef (or G clef).
When you are dealing with the bass clef (or F clef) then it’s
Great Bears Do Fine Acts and
All Cows Eat Grass.
(We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.)
[QUOTE=elfkin477]
Why is it easier to memorize two things (the menmonic+the words the represent) rather than just memorize the thing you actually need to remember?
[/QUOTE]
Why is it easier to remember (or difficult to forget) the words to an advertising jingle than sentences from a textbook?
The mnemonic of course is much much easier to recall than what it represents. After 30 years I could easily recall both mnemonics for the cranial nerves, but I had to look up the nerves themselves. Back when I originally learned them the mnemonics easily enabled me to remember the names of the nerves in correct order.