Monthly Finance Charge=Interest

OK Frank. Your last payment will be $16.47 so that you can recoup your twenty cents.

catsix- They all do it as far as I know. Here’s Mazda’s:

Current Mazda Incentives & Special Offers | Mazda USA [that link my not work directly but just follow the link for 0% financing from the home page and you will find i].

ETA: Maybe I am just misreading this. Are they saying that it is not a fee, but just the monthly payment?

They are saying that for each 1,000 you are borrowing your actual payment will be the 27.78 or whatever.

1,000/ 36 months = 27.78 very close to 0% interest

The lending rules say that advertising for loans has to have the interest amount, length of payment and monthly payment amount. Since they don’t know how much you’ll borrow they do it / 1,000 just like mortgage ads.

Over the life of the loan, on a 30k car, you’ll pay a grand total of $2.88 extra using that number. That’s close enough to 0.0% for me. :slight_smile:

I’m assuming that they probably even round down the final payment to give you that $2.88 back, but even if they don’t, I don’t think anyone will complain too much.

Right, it’s not a fee, it’s the actual amount of your payment. Makes it kind of easy to calculate how much your real car payment would be every month because you just multiply that number by how many thousand you borrowed.

That’s why in the example from Mitsubishi, although both loans were for the same term, the one with 3.9% APR had a slightly higher payment amount.

I won’t believe it till gonzomax explains. Screw those bastard car companies, charging 0%. What a scam.

Ok, consider myself an idiot.

You just read it wrong. When you go all gonzomax about it, then you’re an idiot.