Monthly photo competition #1 - Dec 2022 - "Outdoors"

Avenue of the Giants, Humboldt Redwoods State Park, California

Imgur

Imgur

Here’s my outdoor contribution. Not my best in terms of sweeping landscape vistas, but my luckiest ‘action’ shot. Also got a shot of it coming out of the water, unfortunately without a fish in its talons :frowning_face:

Imgur

Imgur

…I’ll be posting exclusively from my archives, as unfortunately my health doesn’t allow me to get-out-and-about much any more. And I’ll pick something that goes against the grain that everyone else is posting because I’m contrarian :smiley:

“Outdoors.” Featuring AJ, courtesy Voda Management.

Imgur

Well, I certainly feel something when I look at that photo!

Hungry? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:smile: Definitely not!

Hi all, just a gentle reminder to everyone that this thread is for posting photos only - please can we do all the discussion (and I’d love to see lots of discussion :grinning:) in the rolling discussion thread? The reason for this is that it’ll be much easier for me to compile the eventual poll if the photos are all together without lots of chatter in between. Thanks! :grinning:

Study in Blue. Taken in 2015 from Mt. Hood looking south at Mt. Jefferson. Nikon Coolpix, which is as technical as I get.

Let Nature do the heavy lifting, I always say.

Imgur

Chesterfield Gorge, MA, last month.

Imgur

Barn I pass on my commute. Southbound at sunrise. Michigan October.

Winchester Cathedral at dusk, 5 Dec '22. It’s google photos so, as ever, you have to click on the image for the complete photo. iphone SE, no post-processing.

Google Photos

j

Lithia Park, Ashland Oregon

Google Photos

Matanuska Glacier in Alaska.

Westbury Gardens. Hempstead LI, NY

At the Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone last year with my niece. I don’t believe she planned the matching hoodie!

Street Scene

This was from a random day when I went for a walk around the neighborhood taking photos of whatever struck my fancy.

Mills Race Lake Erie

This competition is now closed for entries. Any pictures posted after this post won’t be included in the poll.

I’ll post a poll in this thread tomorrow for voting. Thanks for all your submissions!